Horseback in Cozumel..who's done it?

Gypsea

Gypsea,

I have been trying to find out this information also. I and my dh and three kids (17, 14, 11) are booked for the jungle horseback riding in April. I would love to hear if someone has done this before. We're excited about going, it sound nice.

I am getting frustrated at all the ship excursions that say 12 and up. My daughter will be 11.5 at the time of the cruise, and is as tall as I am, plus she is brave! In Jamaica the ship horseback riding excursion has a min. age of 7; in Cozumel, it is 12! :( Can't understand it. We did Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan, and there were lots of kids under 12.

I am wondering if these private operators have age limits. Some also expect you to get to their place via taxi, and return the same way, which would add to the cost.

If anyone knows of a good horseback riding company, that allows kids under 12, please let me know!

Many thanks!

I just got back from Cozumel, and although I didnt horseback ride, I saw the horses they use for the tour. They looked very thin to me and sorta depressed looking. Husband decided against doing it because we just felt kinda bad for the horses looking sorta malnourished. :( Anyone else notice that?

I just couldnt help to notice their saddness. Sometimes you can just tell when animals are depressed ya know?

The horses I saw where tied up to a little hut type place...about 6 of them. The hut was located off the main road that runs near ocean side heading toward Paradise Beach.

My Husband and I are set to go to Coz in May on Inspiration and saw that they also offer horseback riding there. I contacted them and they told me that you dont need a reservation online and to just come down. We are wondering also and would like some more info.

Archived