Cheers price for short cruises is going up.

LaRue1975

You may well be right, but it may be an attempt to both avoid raising prices on the longer cruises and bring the profit margin on the cheers program on short cruises up to the profit margin on longer cruises.

I suspect their costs per day for cheers are higher on shorter cruises. A lot of folks can do 15 drinks a day for three to five days, but not for seven days. And when I say "can" I mean do it and not wish they hadn't.

Early in our cruising days I would do 15 a day for three days, then cut way back for a couple of days, then finish with a bang. These days I rarely do 15 on any day, but I still let my body recover a bit a day or two in the middle because I'm happier that way. On a three day cruise I would probably be at 15 every day and recover when I got home.

icft...ditto.  By my last day of a 7-day cruise, I am on slow mode.  I don't even order a drink to just take a few sips to see how it tastes.  I can see why Carnival may increase the daily rate for cruises of 5 days or less.   They know that on my last day I am consuming far less drinks than I did on day one & two.  Everyone must know that they are keeping track of everything we drink each and every day!

17 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

WHAT?? I have a 5 day booked on the Firenze May 16, 2024.  I have not received an email notice yet.  What will the new price be per day per person?

I have a 5 day on the Miracle November 2nd and it mentions that cruise in the e-mail, encouraging me to buy before the price goes up. But the price hike does not apply to my cruise. They mention saving $10 per day so I think that is how much it’s going up. 

Edited by LaRue1975

18 minutes ago, icft said:

You may well be right, but it may be an attempt to both avoid raising prices on the longer cruises and bring the profit margin on the cheers program on short cruises up to the profit margin on longer cruises.

I suspect their costs per day for cheers are higher on shorter cruises. A lot of folks can do 15 drinks a day for three to five days, but not for seven days. And when I say "can" I mean do it and not wish they hadn't.

Early in our cruising days I would do 15 a day for three days, then cut way back for a couple of days, then finish with a bang. These days I rarely do 15 on any day, but I still let my body recover a bit a day or two in the middle because I'm happier that way. On a three day cruise I would probably be at 15 every day and recover when I got home.

I totally agree and have no problem with them raising the price, just wanted to give everyone a heads up if they didn’t get the e-mail. I still think they will also raise the price for the longer cruises fairly soon, inflation is not going away. We are back over $6 and well  on our way to $7 for gas here in California. 

10 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

WHAT?? I have a 5 day booked on the Firenze May 16, 2024.  I have not received an email notice yet.  What will the new price be per day per person?

Check your spam folder.

For 3, 4, & 5-day cruises: 

Currently, people who pay for Cheers! before their cruises pay $59.95 a day. That price will go up 17%, to $69.95 a day. Passengers who opt to book onboard will see the same $10 a day increase, from $64.95 a day to $74.95 a day. That's 15% higher.

You have until Oct 8 to lock in the lower price by purchasing.

From October 9th – December 1st, you will only be able to purchase Cheers (the higher price starts Oct 9) via your Cruise Manager.  Cheers cannot be purchase during this time by calling Carnival.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Well, this is a bummer. We sail out of Long Beach probably five to six times a year. Always on the four day. This will add costs and probably keep us from booking as often.

Will add $95 to your cruises.  I'd pay it myself.  We drink 14 to 22 drinks a day between us.  6 drinks will become the new break-even price-point if you exclude all other non-alcoholic drinks ( coffee, water, energy drinks, etc. ).

1 hour ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

Will add $95 to your cruises.  I'd pay it myself.  We drink 14 to 22 drinks a day between us.  6 drinks will become the new break-even price-point if you exclude all other non-alcoholic drinks ( coffee, water, energy drinks, etc. ).

Yeah, you're right.  We'll still get it lol.