Costa Magica 4/16-4/21??

CruiseforFun2006

Anybody know aout any shore excursions for Honduras (Ratan) because there is nothing listed at Costa for this stop. Also what is the correct time in port for Cozmel? Is it 8am-1pm or 8am-6pm? My son is 10 and loves cruises and hopes to meet other friends around his age. He lives in the hotub and pool most of the time. Anybody traveling (I'm sure there will be alot) with same age boys on this trip?? Also how many formal nights are there on this cruise? Looking forward to the trip and were also celebrating our 15th Anniversary! Were from Cleveland Ohio area.

We are from Virgina. We are traveling with a group of 20 or so w/ kids ranging in age from 2 - 15 years old. We are sailing with two couples celebrating their 10th anniversaries!!

There is supposed to be one formal night and one toga night. Sounds like fun ...

We have a thread with greasemonkeywife and theothergreasemonkeyswife...check it out!

cruiseforfun- The Roatan excursions are listed on the Costa website. They have a big selection.Cozumel is from 8-6.

theothergreasemonkey- where in Virgina are you? We are in Stafford. I will be on the same cruise with my mother MSC and family.

We are from Virgina. We are traveling with a group of 20 or so w/ kids ranging in age from 2 - 15 years old. We are sailing with two couples celebrating their 10th anniversaries!!

There is supposed to be one formal night and one toga night. Sounds like fun ...

We have a thread with greasemonkeywife and theothergreasemonkeyswife...check it out!

Thanks for the inform. We are so looking forward to this cruise next month. We love to eat,relax and party some when our "10" year old son is keeping busy which he just loves to do on these cruises. Hope to run into you all! Maybe we can all celebrate our "Anniversary's" poolside one of the day's during happyhour!! CruiseforFUN2006

Anybody know aout any shore excursions for Honduras (Ratan) because there is nothing listed at Costa for this stop.

In Roatan, you should go to Tabayana Beach if you like to snorkel, lay out in the sun or just dip your feet in the water. They have a pretty cool reef. My fiance and I had a memorable time there.

We are on the Perrigino deck. I have 12 year old boy/girl twins. Any kids that age in your small group? We are flying out of D.C. at the crack of dawn on Spirit on Saturday and staying at Lago Mar for the day. There is 6 in my family going, then 11 friends and neighbors are also on the ship. Have you gotten your documents yet?

We have a couple of 10 yr olds. We received our documents a couple weeks ago...how about you? They are very informative...

We tried to get a flight and couldn't find anything under $400/pp rt...didn't want to cough up that much for four hours...cheap, I guess.

Can/will you tell me if you found a deal with this airline? Just wondering what we missed.

I want to say it is @ $200.00 per person. We booked it a while ago. Spirit is having a sale right now, and so is Southwest out of Baltimore. We have not gotten any of our documents yet. I am wanting them in my hot little hands.

We checked today for airline tickets and they were still like $350+...it will be a nice 15 hour drive:rolleyes:!

Have you called them to see where they sent your docs...ours arrived by UPS (brown) like two weeks ago. I received tickets for some of the other people in my traveling party...I forgot to let them know I had their tickets...oops! Just too excited, I guess. Have you checked with others in your group?

I have been on Celebrity before for two weeks and that was just too long...looking forward to getting away this time for a short while.

I read today that you can bored at like 11:30 a.m. and I can't wait.

Hope you get your tickets soon!

My husband, two children, 8 and 10 and I are going on this cruise. It's good to see that there will be other children close to their age. Is anyone doing the dolphin tour in Cozumel? Can I find a better deal without going through Costa? We really like that there is a kids center, especially at night since we want to go out and party knowing that the kids are safe.

Grease monkey-

I called our TA yesterday about our documents, and they were beginning to mail them out. We were on the 14 day eastbound Panama Canal Disney cruise, and we thought it was just right time-wise. We all came off saying regular cruise would be too short for us now. We shall see.

For those with 10 year olds, we have twin boy/girl 10 year olds going too.

Where is everyone staying the day before the cruise?

kuhelani- It is always cheaper to do excursions on your own. we are going to Paradise beach in Cozumel, then shop for silver jewlery. Key West, staying on the ship, and Roatan we are zip-lining through the jungle.

We're onboard, too! Guess we'll be the "old fogeys" though. No kids (60-somethings). But we're very active and like snorkeling, catamarans, etc.

Like you, I had a hard time accessing the shore excursions on Costa's site.

Finally called them and got someone to walk me through it. Go to http://www.costacruises.com. Click "Find a Cruise". Then click drop-down box on "by ship", "Magica". Click "details" under W. Carribbean and "view excursions". Has anyone done this trip before? Any suggestions about shore excursions?

3 weeks and counting!

See2Sea

My wife and I are are also celebrating our 25th anniversary on this cruise.The happy hour poolside celebration sounds great!Think you could handle this happy couple showing up for the party?Thanks for starting the thread Cruiseforfun2006.It is exciting hearing about everyone that will be onboard.By the way,we are doing the Tabyana Beach Break in Roatan.We love to kick back with a nice drink in hand and chill on a nice beach.Everything I have found about Tabyana Beach is very positive .Hope to meet you on board for some long overdue celebrations!

Magica 4/16-21: I found a great shore excursion website http://www.shoretrips.com

and they advertised a Key West activity that looks like a lot of fun! It's a "scavanger hunt" using brightly painted electric cars, 4 people to a car. Problem is that they won't take less than 8 people for this and there's only 4 in our party. Anyone else on this cruise want to join us? Come on in!!!

My wife and I are are also celebrating our 25th anniversary on this cruise.The happy hour poolside celebration sounds great!Think you could handle this happy couple showing up for the party?Thanks for starting the thread Cruiseforfun2006.It is exciting hearing about everyone that will be onboard.By the way,we are doing the Tabyana Beach Break in Roatan.We love to kick back with a nice drink in hand and chill on a nice beach.Everything I have found about Tabyana Beach is very positive .Hope to meet you on board for some long overdue celebrations!

Hi....Thanks for the reply and hopefully we can run into to also celebrate all of our Anniv. We should start a new thread for those couples w?Anniv. and pick a place to meet for some drinks. I know will do our share poolside or at one of the bars. Were also traveling wiht our 10 year old son who loves cruises also! 3 weeks and counting!! Bye...CruiseforFun2006.

Archived