Lima port to airport the night before disembarkation

bamondo

Our ship arrives in Lima the morning before disembarkation. With most of the flights to the US departing around midnight, instead of spending the next day touring and being dropped at the airport (been to Lima a few times already) we will be leaving the ship the night before disembarkation and catching a flight home. I have already notified Oceania of our plans and they said it would be no problem. Has anyone done this at port Callao in Lima? How long does the ship's shuttle operate into the evening? I am considering booking with isouthamerica.com or should I wait until I am on the ship and see what they can arrange for us?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I’m glad that you were looking for guidance well in advance of your cruise. As you probably know, the port of Callao does not allow private vehicles (nor taxis, I believe) to enter the port area. The area outside of the port is very dangerous. When we disembarked last November, tourist police were very visible in the area where private pick ups are allowed outside of the port itself.