Disembarkation time in NY

Frontera2

We’re travelling on the Southampton >  New York > Caribbean > New York voyage on the 19th November and are a little anxious about our likely disembarkation time when we get back to New York.

Our youngest is flying out to NY to join us for a few days before we fly home, and lands at JFK at 12:45. I’m trying to arrange a taxi to take us from the ship to our hotel in Queens so we can drop our bags off, before we make our way to the airport to meet him. Would being off the ship with our luggage by 10:30 be a reasonable expectation? 

Yes, 10:30 is a reasonable expectation, but have a Plan B up your sleeve in case something unexpected happens. There has been a bit of that recently. You are more likely to make 10:30 if you self disembark, in other words you don't put luggage out for porterage from stateroom to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, you carry it all out yourself.

If you are just trying to get to JFK to meet your youngest, then Plan B can involve him either making his own way to your hotel (if it's with a taxi, that's not difficult, nor is the public transport system); alternatively staying at a coffee shop in the terminal until you get out. If he is not a USA or Canada citizen and doesn't have Global Entry, you can assume on 30 minutes to get through US Immigration for example. If you know the terminal I can suggest meeting places. There's also the TWA Hotel in what would be connected to the jetBlue Terminal 5 but accessible from all terminals, which is a hoot, and would be a place to meet.

Honestly, it's really nuts to meet anyone at JFK. I would just have him get into a car service or taxi and have him meet you at the hotel. It can get super congested around the airport, it's not easy to dip in and out like that. I live 20 minutes from JFK and won't pick anyone up, I send a car service.

Edited by SusanLINY
  • Like 1