Help - what's the solution???

5 couples booked a cruise. Couple #1 had to cancel, so they called to have their $200 deposit refunded. Couple #2 called , not the same day, to pay the balance via his AmEx. They both have the same last name, different first names and different reservation numbers. Couple #1 has never received his refund of $200, Couple #2 just got his AmEx bill & it shows a charge for the balance on 1 day & then a credit for the FULL amount another day. I tried to put Couple #2's reservation number in so that they could do the internet registration & it's saying that his # can not be found. If the TA cancelled Couple #2's by mistake, & there are no more cabins left in the cat. that they first selected, what to do w/o having to pay more for their mistake? Worst yet, what if they are sold out? Sorry this is so long, just wanting some feedback from some of the best cruise advisors out in the real world!!! Thank you in advance!!

The only trouble w/ Couple 1's cabin is that it was a HC cabin. My father, Couple #2, is not in a wheelchair as my Uncle, Couple #1, is. Hopefully things will work out, it's just waiting until Monday morning that is killing us.

Smokester, I think this something you have to work out with your TA. It sounds like they MAY have cancelled the wrong reservation (NO excuse for that) but as long as the OTHER one is still active they can always switch names to that one if it's in the same category (and the TA shoud eat any and all charges for the switch, if you are in a penalty phase).

And to tell the truth, the handicapped cabins are generally MUCH larger than the non-handicapped ones, so if that is what your father ends up with, I don't think he will be unhappy.

Hope it all works out for you! :)

The TA will probably have to resolve it, but if you call RCCL today, they should at least be able to confirm if the cabin you want is reserved by your group or someone else. If it isn't, you can put an 24 hour hold on it to keep it until you can contact your TA to do the full resolve. Good luck!

The only trouble w/ Couple 1's cabin is that it was a HC cabin. My father, Couple #2, is not in a wheelchair as my Uncle, Couple #1, is. Hopefully things will work out, it's just waiting until Monday morning that is killing us.

We were on a cruise with a couple who were put into the hadicapped cabin because it was the only cabin left.

They Loved It!!!!

I say take the HC room!

Besides all that - if the TA messed it up then you need to tell her EXACTLY what you want and let her figure it out or ask her what she is going to do to compenaste.

Sas,

Handicapped cabins are NOT a perk. They are required for people with mobility issues. Now if this is the only cabin left this isnt an issue.

Try and leave the handicapped rooms for tho who need them.

Sherry

My uncle, who had to cancel, is a parapalegic so we would never accept his room that was supposed to be cancelled for my Father. Those rooms should be available for those who really need them. I'll post tomorrow & let everyone know what will be done. Thanks.

Archived