Using multiple payment methods

Angelboys3

Are you able to use more than one payment method on funshops orders? I am planning on getting cheers for our upcoming cruise and I have a carnival gift card that I'd like to use for part of the cost if I can. Has anyone been successful in doing a GC/debit combo?

1 hour ago, Angelboys3 said:

Are you able to use more than one payment method on funshops orders? I am planning on getting cheers for our upcoming cruise and I have a carnival gift card that I'd like to use for part of the cost if I can. Has anyone been successful in doing a GC/debit combo?

I did this exact thing on our last cruise and something similar just a couple days ago for our upcoming Dec 4th. Last cruise was as simple as inputting the gift card numbers and it just applied the the gift card and dropped the balance and was able to use my debit card for the remainder. This time we used OBC. Again, it just asked if I was sure I wanted to use the OBC and then let me use my debit for the remainder. Hope that helps

I also did this same exact thing yesterday.  But we did have a temporary problem doing it.  Day before yesterday, we were able to add Cheers to our cart, apply the AARP gift, see the balance reduced but then we were unable to use a credit card to pay the balance.  Just wouldn't accept the CC.  It is my belief this was just one of those buggy Carnival website issues.

Then yesterday we received an email saying we had an outstanding item in our cart.  Went back to the website and were able to complete the entire transaction.

All this to say that you can pay for Cheers using an AARP for partial payment and a CC for the balance, but it's possible you might have to try it more than once.

On 10/12/2023 at 10:19 AM, Angelboys3 said:

Yes, I have done so several times. The process is easy. Apply the gift card first and it will credit that and then it will display the remaining balance and ask how you want to pay it. You can apply multiple cards and the process repeats itself until the full balance is paid