Celebration boarding question

Kenster

Leaving Thursday for Celebration cruise. How early do they start checking in?

What is the earliest any of you have actually been allowed to board?

Three years ago on Celebration we arrived at the pier and were in line by about 11:30. The line was already pretty long though there weren't many of actually outside the security screening. It took about 45-50 minutes to get checked in. The ship was already open for boarding when we got on and the lines at the buffets were already very long so I think the ship had been open for some time. I want to go earlier this time.

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

Earliest I've tried to get on was about 11:30. I did that in Galveston for Jubilee and Celebration. It wasn't a problem and there were only very short waits.

Have fun and toast a sunset for me!

Windjammer Fantome May 1988 ?

Elation Sept 2001

Voyager of the Seas May 2002

Celebration July 2002

Jubilee Sept 2002

Destiny June 2003

Jubilee Sept 2003

Kenster,

We were on the Celebration last July and we got to the port at around 10:00. The employees there looked at us like we were crazy but we were on the lido deck eating lunch by noon. YOu just have to decide when you want to wait, either at the port when non-one is there or in the buffet line for lunch. We took cards and played to pass the time. More people started arriving at 10:30.

icon_smile.gif We were on the Celebration in December and arrived at the terminal around 11:30...along with everyone else. Once we went through security and check-in, we were on the ship by 12:30. Next time we plan on getting there a wee bit earlier...have a great cruise!

~gina~ icon_smile.gif

11/20 Ecstasy cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived