Regent Mariner Dec 12/23 Amazon Cruise Rain Jacket ?

Genoabay

On 10/17/2023 at 1:27 PM, mnocket said:

I'm starting to become concerned about how the drought, which has caused the Amazon rivers to fall to the lowest levels in 121 years, will affect our cruise.

I am on the Amazon Holiday cruise on Mariner and I too am concerned that the Amazon segment is in danger because of low water levels. So far I have not been able to find any information on cruises being impacted. However when some of the world's largest freight shippers are cancelling port calls, it doesn't look good. We need rain . .  and lots of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The water level of the Amazon River has been the subject of discussion on the December 12, 2023 Regent Mariner roll call. As noted in that discussion, the Seabourn Pursuit did make it up the Amazon to Manaus last week. However, the Pursuit is a smaller ship than the Mariner, and so it may be better able to navigate shallower water. Passengers getting on and off the Pursuit in Manaus had to be tendered back and forth, because the water level prevented the ship from docking, as it normally would. The good news is that some cruise ships are able to still navigate the Amazon, and the rainy season should start in December. We remain optimistic... 

Here is the link to the December 12th Mariner roll call: