Just back from Arvia - K320

Caravan 37

12 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We were wowed by it - 8 Oscar nominations so enough people liked it I guess. But I know what you mean about his style!

My favourite musical remains Evita though

Keep going to re-watch at the theatre and even enjoyed the film Madonna made

It was a very popular film - but not with me 😂. For some reason popular films often don't work for me. Almost everyone loved The Greatest Showman but I hated it. Fortunately I watched it on tv so was just able to turn it off halfway through...

11 minutes ago, Britboys said:

It was a very popular film - but not with me 😂. For some reason popular films often don't work for me. Almost everyone loved The Greatest Showman but I hated it. Fortunately I watched it on tv so was just able to turn it off halfway through...

I enjoyed that as well - lol

You just reminded me!

Hated Cats

3 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I enjoyed that as well - lol

You just reminded me!

Hated Cats

After the poor reviews of the Cats film, I've never watched it. Saw the stage show before it closed in London and was underwhelmed...

8 minutes ago, Britboys said:

After the poor reviews of the Cats film, I've never watched it. Saw the stage show before it closed in London and was underwhelmed...

We were unloading the car in the hotel car park in the dark. We go away for new year. DW said " I wonder what entertainment they will have new years day ? " I hope it's not that bloke who sings all the stuff from the westend shows said big mouth. From behind the next car, I'll try and sing  a few different songs this year....gulp..only joking, I knew you were there.

Note. Anybody else getting fed up with predictive??.

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

We had the premiere of The Greatest Showman on Queen Mary 2 in New York. Quite an experience and certainly a one off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

We had the premiere of The Greatest Showman on Queen Mary 2 in New York. Quite an experience and certainly a one off.

I'd probably have walked out halfway through it though... 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We were wowed by it - 8 Oscar nominations so enough people liked it I guess. But I know what you mean about his style!

My favourite musical remains Evita though

Keep going to re-watch at the theatre and even enjoyed the film Madonna made

I saw Moulin Rouge on the West End last week. I was blown away! Absolutely incredible. The film is good but the show is just a visual spectacular! They’ve changed some of the songs but it’s still incredible.

Highly recommend! They’ve just changed casts so I can’t vouch for the new cast, but the vocals by the two leads were just outstanding. 

17 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

My granddaughter was working on the QM2 when it was the premier. She managed to see a lot of the celebrities on board and thought the whole event was fabulous. Quite a memory for her. She didn’t manage to get any photos with them. She got this one from a Miss World  event that she was doing hair and makeup on. She has always been a bit cheeky and persuaded Bruce to let her have this shot.

IMG_0315.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/20/2023 at 10:38 AM, Jennizor said:

My granddaughter was working on the QM2 when it was the premier. She managed to see a lot of the celebrities on board and thought the whole event was fabulous. Quite a memory for her. She didn’t manage to get any photos with them. She got this one from a Miss World  event that she was doing hair and makeup on. She has always been a bit cheeky and persuaded Bruce to let her have this shot.

IMG_0315.jpeg

Personally I think your granddaughter was doing Bruce a favour allowing him to have a photo with her!!

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 9:07 AM, Glitterati said:

I saw Moulin Rouge on the West End last week. I was blown away! Absolutely incredible. The film is good but the show is just a visual spectacular! They’ve changed some of the songs but it’s still incredible.

Highly recommend! They’ve just changed casts so I can’t vouch for the new cast, but the vocals by the two leads were just outstanding. 

We saw it in New York last year , I knew very little about it beforehand but agree completely,  it was spectacular, the performers were outstanding and the sets were masterpieces👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Personally I think your granddaughter was doing Bruce a favour allowing him to have a photo with her!!

Thanks for the lovely comment ICF. She is a lovely young woman. She is 34 now and lives in Australia. We all miss her so much. Thank goodness for FaceTime.

• Like 2