Need Good Travel Insurance

KLMB

Can anyone help find good travel insurance? Royal Carribean's insurance does not cover pre-exisiting conditions. I am also looking for insurance that allows 100% cancellation for all cabins if one cabin has to cancel due to a preexisting condition. My dad has Parkinsons and we have booked a cruise a year out but I HATE my TA who had this type of insurance. I would like to keep my booking directly with Royal C. but still need the insurance. Any help is appreciated!!

I tried insuremytrip.com, and found CSA Travel protection. With their policies, preexisting conditions are waived IF the insurance is purchased within 24 hours of final trip payment. Many of the other companies have a similar waiver if the insurance is purchased within 14-21 days of original booking downpayment, but we had already missed that. Good luck!

I am a little confused about this. I need to get travel insurace for my husband and myself, since I have been told that Medicare does not pay for medical expenses outside of US. We have a supplemental to Medicare through Aetna but am not sure exactly what it pays, if anything outside of US. Mainly I am interested in medical expenses should we become sick or have an accident onboard or while in Mexico and, God forbid, returning our mortal remains should one of us expire while onboard on in Mexico. My husband had open heart surgery 3 years ago and takes medication, i.e., blood pressure meds, cholestral, etc., all prescribed by his cardiologist whom he visits twice a year for check ups. My question, should he go to the cardiologist anytime in the 180 days preceding the cruise for a regular checkup and to get his prescriptions renewed, would the insurance still pay should he have a heart attack onboard or off ship in Mexico? Sorry that this is so long, but I do not understand Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion. I do not think that I have any pre-existing conditions other than meds for blood pressure and cholestral. I am considering a policy by TraveGuard.

I am a little confused about this. I need to get travel insurace for my husband and myself, since I have been told that Medicare does not pay for medical expenses outside of US. We have a supplemental to Medicare through Aetna but am not sure exactly what it pays, if anything outside of US. Mainly I am interested in medical expenses should we become sick or have an accident onboard or while in Mexico and, God forbid, returning our mortal remains should one of us expire while onboard on in Mexico. My husband had open heart surgery 3 years ago and takes medication, i.e., blood pressure meds, cholestral, etc., all prescribed by his cardiologist whom he visits twice a year for check ups. My question, should he go to the cardiologist anytime in the 180 days preceding the cruise for a regular checkup and to get his prescriptions renewed, would the insurance still pay should he have a heart attack onboard or off ship in Mexico? Sorry that this is so long, but I do not understand Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion. I do not think that I have any pre-existing conditions other than meds for blood pressure and cholestral. I am considering a policy by TraveGuard.

I suggest you call insuremytrip.com, or TravelGuard directly, and ask them to explain the pre-exsisting conditions clause to you. You can explain to them everything about your husband's health situation and see what they say. I have called insuremytrip.com's phone center and their reps are both polite and knowledgable. Hope this helps.

DEFINITELY use CSA, the Comfort Plan DOES cover pre-existing medical if purchased within 24 hours of your FINAL PAYMENT. I have not found another insurance plan that covers pre-existing medical unless you pay for it near the DEPOSIT time. It's a great plan, read all the details, but the coverage is very comprehensive.

http://www.csatravelprotection.com

Hope you have a great cruise. :)

I have a question - I haven't picked up insurance, and now I'm wondering if there's a policy I can pick up at the last minute (we sail in 25 days). Not worried about Pre exisiting Conditions, but rather if I were to need to be medivac'ed off the ship... any suggestions?

Yes, you can take the trip insurance even 25 days out. You are correct, it will not cover pre-existing conditions, but will cover any accidental physical problems. I purchase the Travelite policy with Travelex. Here is the link: https://www.travelex-insurance.com/Consumer/Welcome.htmx?location=23-8795

It is reasonably priced and the Emergency Medical Benefits is $50,000.00. I just took it out for a week's trip to St. Martin but have used it for cruises as well. You can also get car rental insurance wrapped into the same policy if you are planning on getting a rental car on your trip.

Archived