Question Re: HIA shore excursion credit

Help! I received e-mail that waitlisted tour was available. I jumped on it using HIA credit to pay. I now see the other tour we were waitlisted for is available. It is the one we really want. When I go to cancel the first one on the website, I'm told $0 refund. Will I get back my HIA credits if I cancel? If phone call to Shorex is needed, could someone give me their phone number. Thanks!

Yes, your HIA credit should appear back in your account instantly after canceling.  Then you can book the one you really want.  The $0 refund is because you didn't pay for the excursion when you booked - you used the HIA credit.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 3

You can also book both (assuming not on same day) if you have OBC to use. You will need to prepay by credit card and them go to exc desk to have them switch the payment. Make sure they do it and not lose the booking since it's waitlisted. 

If you cancel a shore excursion the amount is refunded to the original method of payment. If you are going to cancel one that uses HIA to book one that came off waitlist, call the HAL shore excursions department. You have a limited amount of time to grab the cleared excursion.

Does anyone have experience with getting credit from HAL because your HIA excursion credit goes unused?  We would like to use it (as would many of my Roll Call friends), however, all tours in all but one port of call are booked solid.  Very frustrating for us all!  This is for a cruise not sailing until next May.

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

Does anyone have experience with getting credit from HAL because your HIA excursion credit goes unused?  We would like to use it (as would many of my Roll Call friends), however, all tours in all but one port of call are booked solid.  Very frustrating for us all!  This is for a cruise not sailing until next May.

Get on the waitlist for whatever tour you want. I was waitlisted for two tours for my cruise next April. I got an email last week that one was available and then yesterday that the other was available. The first one used up what was left of my excursion credit.