Celebrity Packaged Flight / Vueling Airlines / Gatwick London

hampshirelad

When we booked flights with our cruise , ( 10 Days on Infinity from Barcelona ) we were surprised  to find that there was no online check in. In view of  all the cancelled flights, system meltdowns, we no longer take the risk of booking flights independently so we can be protected by the package regulations.

Celebrity Speak

Online check-in
Online check-in is not available with Vueling
Airlines, so check-in must be completed at
the airport at least 2 hours before your flight
departure.

The thought of turning up at Gatwick with only your Celebrity  documents at around 7 am on a dark Nov morning is enough to make your blood run cold.

Has anyone else form the UK experienced this procedure and approx how long did it take to get check in completed . I am trying to clear my mind of a picture where the queue  is 100 hundred + long and there is one person on the desk.

Many thanks

We flew from Manchester with Vueling in September. The queue was quite long but they had plenty of staff and check in was perfectly smooth. Just needed our passports, nothing else was asked for. We were seated together. With Vueling from Barcelona in June we were not but bizarrely I had 2 empty seats beside me so hubs joined me! Just be aware that the carry on luggage is the underseat size.  We saw people being charged extra when they had standard 10kg size carry on wheelies. The planes seemed new, were clean and left on time. All good 

As long as there are no glitches, Vueling works fine.  I've flown them several times.  They are picky about random bits and pieces, and quick to add on surcharges, so read the details on the ticket policy.

If there is a glitch, however, there is essentially zero customer service.  We got rebooked onto a Vueling flight by British Airways last spring (after a major BA meltdown).  Our etickets were in the system, but they triggered a "additional information required" flag when we went to check in (several hours early).  The Vueling agents at Gatwick spent 3 hours trying to reach their central office to resolve the ticket issue, and never got through.  The plane eventually left without us...  We were really fortunate that we were flying in several days early for our cruise, as BA/Vueling cost us two days going in circles around London airports.