Suggestions to request from TA prior to boarding

makai 7

On the 95+ page tips thread I saw that if you don’t like hard beds, ask your TA to submit a request for a foam mattress topper… and I have, great info!

Are there any other tips for requests to make prior to boarding?

Thank You!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

On the 95+ page tips thread I saw that if you don’t like hard beds, ask your TA to submit a request for a foam mattress topper… and I have, great info!

Thank You!

When we book through our TA, we usually ask her to request the Viking tags, etc. be sent directly to us rather than to her.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, millybess said:

When we book through our TA, we usually ask her to request the Viking tags, etc. be sent directly to us rather than to her.  

Did not know that you could do this.  We don't always use a TA and when we do it adds an extra layer for frustration to get these tags.  Frankly we don't care about the red viking luggage tags as we have a dozen or more that are still in the wrappers, we just want the shipboard tags for luggage identification.

17 hours ago, makai 7 said:

Thank You!

We love the beds as they are... and don't find them hard, but understand where someone may like a softer mattress.

We don't submit requests in advance, but on Viking Ocean, it has been our practice to unpack and freshen up immediately on embarkation and we also note that our cabin Steward(s) generally visit us in the first 15-20 minutes of arriving in the cabin.  At that point we generally ask them for additional hangers, and two bottles of sparkling water a day and no still water.  These two requests are all we generally need and they can be done on arrival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

Did not know that you could do this.  We don't always use a TA and when we do it adds an extra layer for frustration to get these tags.  Frankly we don't care about the red viking luggage tags as we have a dozen or more that are still in the wrappers, we just want the shipboard tags for luggage identification.

Same here -- just the luggage cabin number tags.  We ask our TA to ask Viking to send them the first day they are allowed to, which I believe is 6 weeks before the cruise, but I could be mistaken about that.

A couple of cruises ago, they didn't arrive on time.  LA (Viking) to Vancouver (TA) to TO (us).  It was quite a kerfuffle at the cruise terminal without the tags and it took away a lot of time we could have been spending at the Pool Grill!😎🍷🍷😎

• Like 1