Vista Cruise Review with Lots of Photos and Menus

MVPinBoynton

1 hour ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I think they are basically the same.  Below are descriptions and photos of the Jacques Lobster Thermidor from my 2016 Riviera cruise.

PastedGraphic.thumb.png.e9896de926cbc87a2dfd29b6e9e4b9c8.png

Riv16_food_0291.jpg.2af0a3c927c3c26dbd7fbd36e7cd5ef6.jpg

Below is the Vista Maine Lobster Baked in Shell.  The main difference is that the Vista one was a much bigger shell rather than two smaller ones in Jacques.

PastedGraphic1.png.4041787afe9e1156d31ef3d41f626ca6.png

Vista23_IP-1854.jpg.68a15451a80aead591daf298e9bea73e.jpg

Thank you! Now I have something extra good to look forward to... one of many!!! 

• Like 2

I had the so-called lobster thermidor once on Oceania. Never again. I'm not a food snob (well, maybe I am), but slathering a thick mushroom cream sauce on fairly small pieces of lobster makes me suspect they are afraid the lobster can't stand on its own. Or it's just cheaper. Or they have no palate. I've also never had a crab cake on a cruise ship that wasn't more breading than crab, and I've heard the lobster roll in Ember is mostly a mayonnaise roll with lobster (totally overpowered by the mayonnaise). I'm not a lobster fanatic and rarely eat it anymore, but lobster has a delicate flavor that can be easily overwhelmed. A little drawn butter is the ticket, IMO.    

• Like 3

I am sure it is an individual decision. We travel with friends, Silver level and we call him Lobsterman.  He eats lobster somewhere on the ship daily. His favorite is the Jacques Lobster.  
now me, I don’t even like the Lobster Bisque which I tried last week but that is just me and lobster. 
enjoy what you like.

Mauibabes

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I am sure it is an individual decision. We travel with friends, Silver level and we call him Lobsterman.  He eats lobster somewhere on the ship daily. His favorite is the Jacques Lobster.  
now me, I don’t even like the Lobster Bisque which I tried last week but that is just me and lobster. 
enjoy what you like.

Mauibabes

Id like to meet lobsterman

On 11/5/2023 at 1:57 PM, mauibabes said:

enjoy what you like.

Mauibabes

The Jacques Lobster Thermidor was excellent. I didn't care for the lobster bisque in the GRD. It tasted like tomato bisque to me. The lobster bisque in Polo however was wonderful!