Bermuda side trips

islandermg

Hello, We have taken 12 cruises but this is our first on Celebrity (Zenith) and first to Bermuda. We are also in a cabin called Conscierge class. Do any of you have any suggestions on what to do in Bermuda besides the usual ship's sponsored side trips? I am planning to play some golf beside sight seeing. Also, how did you like the ship?

dirk

PS If any of you are going to Catalina Island off the calif coast, I grew up there and might be able to answer some questions.

Hi there! I'm heading to Bermuda on Zenith in May, with my Mom. We tend to avoid the ship-sponsored excursions and go out on our own. Try looking in the Celebrity Roll Call Forums for your sailing date and see what other people on your trip are planning.

Bermuda is so small. You can absolutely see the island on your own. Beautiful beaches, excellent restaurants. Take a taxi tour, enjoy the beaches and by all means try some of the restaurants. Not cheap but excellent

very friendly very safe island. The snorkeling is -beautiful. You can do a dolphins swim near the South Hampton Princess, see the aquarium.

Check out various beaches-some are nice and calm and others you can ride the waves like crazy!

Have never cruised there but have stayed at a B&B there 4 times and a hotel once.

Enjoy

Nadine

Bermuda is absolutely beautiful and you can see the island on your own. Buy a 3-day bus/ferry pass and you can go all over the island on your own. Since this is your first trip to Bermuda you may want to hire a taxi driver for a tour. The taxi are all lined up and the drivers are waiting as you get off the ship.

Try these:

Tobacco Bay for snorkeling right from the beach

Crystal Caves (on your own)

Horseshoe Bay is a beautiful beach (take the bus)

Swizzle Inn if you feel the need to drink

St George's has the reenactment of the "dunking" every week day at 12 noon right in front of the NCL Majesty if it's in port

Helmet Dive was great and the most pricey of the aforementioned ideas

Aquarium/ Zoo for a nominal admission $7. or thereabouts

Enjoy the most pristine island on the eastern side of the US.

Looking forward to another visit in September on the Granduer!

Hi, Thanks for all of the prompt replies. I have not used CC in so long I forgot how much info I could get in here. We are going in June and flying from So. Calif. to Newark. Going one day early and may do a short trip into Manhattan. Keep the suggestions coming.

islandermg

What? Has no one mentioned renting motor scooter for the week? You have to take your life into your own hands, but you can do the whole island, park you scooter right in front of the ship, and take it back out the next day (or in the evening dusk when things quiet down, you can ride peacefully and look at the sunset.)

We were in Bermuda on the Horizon (former sister ship to Zenith) These are older Celebrity ships - not glitzy - but very comfortable for a week stay in Bermuda. Have fun.

Nancy

Archived