Motion sickness on QE vs bigger Celebrity ships?

newbie202020

21 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

You have both lost me now too technical . All I wanted was to know if mid aft was better than mid ? I like to be in the best spot. 

Here’s the interview with QM2 designer about positioning of dining room (amongst other things) Not all ships will be like the QM2 obviously as it is one of a kind..

I note QA has put the Britannia restaurant at the stern though. I don’t think you’d see a restaurant at the bow… 

16 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

How's this for technical.

Stay away from the back if thinking if the BoB or Drake's Passage etc, middle is great if seas are lively

and I talk from experience, of both parts of the ship! 🙂

Well it’s Drake’s Passage I am primarily thinking of. I am booked on QV in 2025. I have booked a mid aft balcony  deck 5 so hopefully that will be OK and for the outward and return  across/ around BoB too. 

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

Well it’s Drake’s Passage I am primarily thinking of. I am booked on QV in 2025. I have booked a mid aft balcony  deck 5 so hopefully that will be OK and for the outward and return  across/ around BoB too. 

Surely any Cunard ship would only enter Drake's Passage to skirt around the tip of South America and would not be doing a full crossing to Antarctica?

I'm actually crossing Drake's Passage to Antarctica on a ship carrying 240 souls next year so think of me...

Edited by LittleFish1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

"I'm actually crossing Drake's Passage to Antarctica on a ship carrying 240 souls next year so think of me..."

I should very much like to take such a voyage as a means of stress testing our seasickness countermeasure: Scopolamine transdermal patches. My wife and I swear by them, but we've never been on serious ocean swells

• Like 1

7 hours ago, no1talks said:

I should very much like to take such a voyage as a means of stress testing our seasickness countermeasure: Scopolamine transdermal patches. My wife and I swear by them, but we've never been on serious ocean swells

Apparently there is some jab that Cunard carry - at a fairly significant cost - that knocks you out for a while but after that it's all pretty good...

Had a fairly big swell on a QM2 crossing last October - even she moves around a bit. QG cabin a bit aft of midships was Ok though; Illuminations (right down at the bow) was a bit uncomfortable.

But then this, a day out from NYC...just glorious. After 6 days you feel the sea is moving past a stationary ship

image.png.752afe2ad9fd743ccdd54b87af4d54f4.png

• Like 3