My Zuiderdam Cruise Story & Review, March 11-18, 2006

jimbug

The PM feature is nice.

Here's what I found on Ziggy's site. The cabanas by color, working from the closest to the pier to further away...

Tan-Blue-Turquoise-Orange-Lt. Blue-Purple-Pink-Green-Yellow

I am going to shoot for Turquoise through Pink. I hope we get to choose. If I remember correctly, the restroom facilities are closest to the turquoise cabana. If you're with your family...that might be important. Tan will be the last I choose after reading Jimbug's review. I'd prefer not having people walking up and using the facility or giving me the evil-eye (I get that enough from my children!). But if that's all they had, I'll grab it. :)

I think renting a cabana would be a wonderful surprise for your family!

Twinkletoes,

DW and I had the Blue Cabana on our Zuiderdam cruise last Oct. It was in a great location right between the Tan and Turquoise. Actually, any of those three would have been fine with us because they are really not that far from each other. We shared the Blue one with another couple we had actually met on these boards. We chose the Blue one because it was recommended by HAL Ship Services. The restroom facilities are actually closer to the Blue Cabana but only by a few feet. You actually go right by the Blue one from the Turquoise to get to the restrooms.

Richard

Twinkletoes,

DW and I had the Blue Cabana on our Zuiderdam cruise last Oct. It was in a great location right between the Tan and Turquoise. Actually, any of those three would have been fine with us because they are really not that far from each other. We shared the Blue one with another couple we had actually met on these boards. We chose the Blue one because it was recommended by HAL Ship Services. The restroom facilities are actually closer to the Blue Cabana but only by a few feet. You actually go right by the Blue one from the Turquoise to get to the restrooms.

Richard

Thank you, Richard. I'll add that info to my "cabana" info. I hope I'll be able to reserve one. I would imagine they go fast. I'll have to keep an eye on this...and when they are available, I'll book one.

Now, if only this year would scoot by quickly. :)

By the way, I have to stand corrected about one of my "dislikes" about the ship. I mentioned that there were no trivia games during the day. Actually, there were....I just somehow missed them and only noticed them when I was going back over the Daily schedules I brougt home with me last night.

Sorry! Plenty of trivia to go around... :)

By the way, I have to stand corrected about one of my "dislikes" about the ship. I mentioned that there were no trivia games during the day. Actually, there were....I just somehow missed them and only noticed them when I was going back over the Daily schedules I brougt home with me last night.

Sorry! Plenty of trivia to go around... :)

jimbug, how was the library on board? I am packing today and need to figure out how many books to pack.

thx!

The library looked quite nice. There were many, many books...but the only titles I paid attention to were the Frommer's travel guides. I was impressed with how many there were. In addition, there were tons of current board games available for in-library use or for cabin checkout.

As for Virgin Gorda, our daysail didn't go there because the captain felt it would be quite crowded with 2 large ships in port. However, one of our tablemates took a ferry over and felt they only had time to look around quickly and then had to head back. Of course, I don't know what time they got started and what ferry they took. Perhaps if you took the earliest available, you may have more time.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimbug,

You never did comment on the stainless steel balcony. I will be on the Z next week in room 4016 and was curious about the balcony. There will be four of us in the cabin, DW and 2 DG's ages 9 and 5. Thanks in advance,

Wals

• 1 month later...

A month later (sorry)....the steel balcony was not an issue at all. I was sort of dreading it in comparison to the plexi-glass ones we usually have, but really, no worries at all. The only difference is that if you are sitting down in a chair on the balcony, you don't have a beautiful view...but standing up, it's all the same. :)

Archived