Drink package

Noesja

I know that all adults in the cabin have to book the same (alcohol) drink package. I'm not able to drink alcohol because of my medication. 

Just curious if someone was successful in booking a non-alcohol package while their cabin mate booked an alcohol package?

I know it's possible with some cruise lines, but can't find any information on MSC. 

Not possible on MSC. However drinks are very reasonable. Well drinks are as low as $6. Going without the package will certainly be cheaper than needlessly paying for the package for 2 people when only 1 will be drinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Officially now, but they may to sell it that way with medical proof.

As someone has said, if only one actually drinks better to go with no drinks packages and pay a la carte per item, or both purchase the non alcoholic package and pay a la carte for alcohol, if both appreciate the fancy coffees, mocktails, sodas, bottled water, and the likes.

• Thanks 1

Depends on the cost of the package at the time of booking

In UK it tends to hover around £30pppd for premium but sometimes much lower on promotion.

With so much included bottled waters, coffees, no Alcohol stuff etc  it can be worth considering for the convenience and being less dependent on the buffet/cabin.

We have done no package and ended up under £40pd(one alcohol drinker) which makes our cutoff £20-£25pppd depending on itinerary and ship time maxing out the cappaccino and if it will be a boozy trip.