New Year/Festive Dining

pblack05

I received an e-mail from P & O re the above- my wife and I are on the Azura on the 29th Dec until 5th January. we did the same cruise last year and enjoyed it very much. Now that e-mail gives you access to both Christmas and New Years Eve (Hogmany to us Scots) menus, which is great. However, the e-mail also has this note below

image.png.e304919d63d11569d76ea439a42a7c21.pngimage.png.e304919d63d11569d76ea439a42a7c21.png

Now, when I log onto My Cruises" there is no option.

i don't think I'll get far contacting P & O - so anyone have any clues?

• Like 1

I can’t see any way to sort this without contact with P&O. Did you book direct. This is something I hope your TA would sort out if you have one. 
We are on Iona and have also been requested to specify a dining time for NYE even though it is all Freedom dining. We have requested 5.30 even though under normal circumstances that’s way too early for us. I think I remember a thread on here about Christmas and NYE being a zoo on either Arvia or Iona (can’t remember which) so decided to take the early option. We are expecting a full, busy ship so will book everything in advance where possible. 

As i mentioned we were on this cruise at the same time last year and i recall that it was a bit hectic as the times were allocated on a note inside the cabins. But, us and many of the others confirmed that they had not received it. My thinking is that this system is perhaps a way of not having the same problem. i have contacted both P & O and the TA and will update if I get any news of note.

I have done x3 NYE cruises on Ventura ( the 5 day one),,,for NYE dinner they gave everyone a set time in one of the restaurants so everyone dined together,,,on one of them we where allocated Sindhu as an overflow restaurant.

This enabled the entrance of a piper and the Haggis Address.

A superb night was had by all.

It was 2019 so May have changed now

We are on this cruise for Christmas and New Year. When I go into My P&O it says you can book your dining options from 14 days before your cruise. The only other email we have had is about accessibility issues, which doesn’t apply to us. We are on fixed dining so I am presuming, unless we book any of the other options in the 14 day period, we will in our fixed dining restaurant for the two celebration nights. It always amazes me that people on the same cruise don’t always get the same emails about their cruise.