Bank of America rewards Question

I talked to Royal today after receiving an email about this cruise. The email said I had a $2014.63 balance. When I looked at my balance on Royals site I saw $150.

They told me that the BOA Card had already applied my rewards to the balance. I cannot see that anywhere and never saw it happen. I saw the mystery $350  missing from my balance but they said it was a $500 payment. Does anyone know how I could see this? Does BOA tell you when they apply the rewards? I do not know where to look. It does not show up in my payments.

The rep agreed that that email was wrong and I paid the remaining $150 while on the phone.

Edited by Jussabitconfused
Left out information originally

12 hours ago, Jussabitconfused said:

Does anyone know how I could see this?

I can't test this myself because I use a TA but I did see someone mention on another board that there is an option on the bottom of the homepage on the right side under "plan a cruise" that says "make a payment" and it might show you more about your account. 

I also see these directions from Royal:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-can-i-make-a-payment

I know you are not trying to make a payment but step 3 says, " Find all the information, including payment details and due date."

34 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I can't test this myself because I use a TA but I did see someone mention on another board that there is an option on the bottom of the homepage on the right side under "plan a cruise" that says "make a payment" and it might show you more about your account. 

I also see these directions from Royal:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-can-i-make-a-payment

I know you are not trying to make a payment but step 3 says, " Find all the information, including payment details and due date."

Thanks, I will try that out.

Date Payment type Amount Status

Mar 27, 2023 $300.00 USDPaid

May 16, 2023 $404.97 USDPaid

Jun 30, 2023 $219.36 USDPaid

Nov 9, 2023 $72.00 USDPaid

Nov 9, 2023 $254.70 USDPaid

Nov 10, 2023 $53.04 USDPaid

Nov 12, 2023 $125.97 USDPaid

Nov 14, 2023 $1,514.63 USDPaid

Nov 17, 2023 $150.00 USDPaid

This was what I was able to find using your first suggestion.

The other suggestion just takes me to the reservation page which does not show me a breakdown since it has been paid in full.

I do not see the $500 companion fare from BOA on there at all.  This is just a 3-day cruise on the Allure that I added on to the front of a 5-day cruise on the Mariner in February. Since we are flying from Washington State I thought it would be nice to extend the fun.

19 minutes ago, Jussabitconfused said:

This was what I was able to find using your first suggestion.

The other suggestion just takes me to the reservation page which does not show me a breakdown since it has been paid in full.

I do not see the $500 companion fare from BOA on there at all. 

Glad that one of them worked! Although - irony - the one Royal said would work, didn't, and the one that was just supposed to be for a payment - worked. 

What is the difference between your total cruise fare price and the payments you've made towards the cruise? (I'm assuming several of those are Planner purchases...)

Here are my statements that I have received. Royal cruise fare math is so confusing.  The top is my original, then the second when the port fees changed. The third when I paid 1514.63, I had already paid 300 deposit so it shows 1814.63 paid. The fourth one is the mystery. It should have been a $500 companion fare. This is what BOA said I was getting but it is only reduced by 350. Then the 150 that I finally paid on the last one. I definitely see some money coming off but I expected that I would see the 500 as a payment rather than a reduction in two fares. Which does not add up to a round 500 but I guess I will take what I get.

image.thumb.png.6bade9dc7ba5bb8e263f569e101ac9f7.png