Rebooked Discovery October 12, 2024!

desertdwellingsailor

Excited to have rebooked our Mexican Riviera cruise on Discovery Princess for October 12th out of Los Angeles. We were booked for March but my parents have been having health issues and we had to cancel. We should know a lot more about my parents situation by the time the final payment is due for the October cruise. And it is great to have something fun to look forward to after all the stresses of caring for my parents. I decided to go with conventional wisdom and get a balcony room on deck 14 so it would be quieter with rooms above us. I wanted to be near the top decks this time but two decks down seems close enough. I had deck 15 balcony reserved for the March cruise but that was right under the pool deck which is a risk for noise.

Should be nice and warm after freezing on our otherwise awesome Alaska cruise. I'm happy to be able to drive to the port from home and park instead of taking a uber/cab. My wife and I are looking forward to it!

Bobby

• Like 2

We are also desert dwellers (low desert near Palm Springs) and we also love being able to drive to the port.  We are booked on the cruise immediately following yours.  Hope all goes well and you are able to cruise.  This is our 3rd time on this itinerary, so ports are not that important to us.  We enjoy ship/sailing time.

29 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

We are also desert dwellers (low desert near Palm Springs) and we also love being able to drive to the port.  We are booked on the cruise immediately following yours.  Hope all goes well and you are able to cruise.  This is our 3rd time on this itinerary, so ports are not that important to us.  We enjoy ship/sailing time.

Sounds relaxing! We will stay the night before with my mother-in-law in Fullerton so my wife gets to catch up with her then we cruise then stay over on Saturday night after. Pretty good trip.

Edited by desertdwellingsailor