Premium Suite - Majestic Princess feedback please?

Jules&Ted

We have booked a Premium Suite (forward) on the Majestic Princess for a South Pacific cruise in February 2024.  As per normal, we have received the option to bid for an upgrade to a Penthouse Suite.  We would go for the Aft Penthouse Suite if we did choose to do so but was wondering what the feedback is in regards to the Premium Suite?  Should we stay there and experience this rather quirky cabin? We normally travel very Aft on cruises but thought we would give the Premium suite a go because of its quirkiness. 

3 hours ago, Michael4650 said:

I much prefer the motion on aft suites to those all the way forward. Also the anchor chain forward can also be an issue for me

We love the aft too but this cabin looked really interesting when we booked. YouTube videos look interesting as well. But obviously never experienced it so don’t know what to expect. 

@Jules&Ted I travelled in the forward Premium Suite on Majestic in September/October this year. The suite is huge, especially the bedroom. Sailing on the west coast of North America at that time of year was not too rough; the anchor chain noise was not an issue.

The views from the forward window were a nice change from seeing ONLY port or starboard views.  The most challenging aspect of these cabins IMO is how far it is to the concierge lounge! 

IMG_0889.thumb.JPG.ba666f1a748a79fa7c92b96376c8db6d.JPG

IMG_0818.thumb.JPG.0552d3b27985415127e62e6a66dca8f1.JPG

• Like 1

We had A101 on the Discovery Princess last year and LOVED it. The forward views were wonderful and the balcony was sheltered because it was under the wing of the bridge. The bedroom was so spacious, and the living room area was more separate than most Princess suites.

We did not experience a lot of motion due to mild weather, but I did take Bonine daily as a precaution.  It was a long walk to the concierge lounge and to the buffet, but a short walk to the forward elevators/stairs to go down to Sabatini's for the suite breakfast.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Jules&Ted I travelled in the forward Premium Suite on Majestic in September/October this year. The suite is huge, especially the bedroom. Sailing on the west coast of North America at that time of year was not too rough; the anchor chain noise was not an issue.

The views from the forward window were a nice change from seeing ONLY port or starboard views.  The most challenging aspect of these cabins IMO is how far it is to the concierge lounge! 

Thank you!!!!  I think we will leave our cabin then.  We have D121 and we don't mind the walk as we used to travel with Celebrity and always had wakeview cabins.  The walk from those was quite long but we never minded as we used to walk off our meals!  

Just now, Jules&Ted said:
54 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Thank you!!!!  I think we will leave our cabin then.  We have D121 and we don't mind the walk as we used to travel with Celebrity and always had wakeview cabins.  The walk from those was quite long but we never minded as we used to walk off our meals!  

• Like 1

We were in A108 on the Discovery last month and absolutely loved it!  The bedroom is massive.  We did the California Coast and had one day of rough seas.  We did not notice much more movement in the room (and we were concerned about that), so we were fine.  We didn’t mind the walk up to the front; it honestly didn’t seem that far up.

The only thing we were disappointed with, and it had nothing to do with the room, was we were traveling with friends who had the same room on the starboard side and we had planned on walking the short hallway across to each other’s room.  Well, the officers quarters are along that hallway so there is a door there and passengers are not allowed to cross through.  So, we had to walk down to the elevators, cross over and walk back up the other side to get to each other’s rooms.  A bit of an inconvenience, but definitely not a deal breaker!!

Would do those suites again in a heartbeat!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

We were in A108 on the Discovery last month and absolutely loved it!  The bedroom is massive.  We did the California Coast and had one day of rough seas.  We did not notice much more movement in the room (and we were concerned about that), so we were fine.  We didn’t mind the walk up to the front; it honestly didn’t seem that far up.

The only thing we were disappointed with, and it had nothing to do with the room, was we were traveling with friends who had the same room on the starboard side and we had planned on walking the short hallway across to each other’s room.  Well, the officers quarters are along that hallway so there is a door there and passengers are not allowed to cross through.  So, we had to walk down to the elevators, cross over and walk back up the other side to get to each other’s rooms.  A bit of an inconvenience, but definitely not a deal breaker!!

Would do those suites again in a heartbeat!!!

@Cruzingal#9 Same thing happened to us! C101 and C102 were booked. More walking than anticipated, more calories were burned, thankfully! Enjoyed it all nevertheless!

Edited by CruzeQueen2
  • Like 1