Booking query

enjoysailing

I am thinking of booking for 2025/6. I know I want to go, and would book single occupancy in a double veranda cabin. I would book Select price so I can choose my cabin. But if several months later I wanted to add a cabin companion how is the price re-calculated? Would it be like a completely new booking, or based on the price at time I booked?

Or is it better to book for two, not knowing who the second one is, and if necessary cancel one closer to sailing?

Which scenario would be best price-wise? Would there be penalties in either situation? So confused 😕 

Normally with P&O any changes to a booking will use the prices prevalent at the time of making the original booking.

3 minutes ago, enjoysailing said:

is it better to book for two, not knowing who the second one is

Don't think that you will be able to do that as you have to have named passengers at the time of booking. You could add someone at the time of booking and then change the name later - but that will almost certainly incur an administration fee.

5 hours ago, enjoysailing said:

Thank you both for the advice. All I need to do now is decide which cruise to book. Hopefully with Black Friday the prices are good, and with Select there is a bit of wriggle room if they drop.

You won’t get any further discounts if the price drops after you book. You are locked in at that price. Sometimes if there are substantial savings it’s cheaper to rebook and loose your previous deposit.