Question re Strategy for Cancelling and Rebooking a Cruise Onboard

MarkWiltonM

We booked a late 2025 cruise on Allura when it first opened for booking. I see that the fares have not increased as of today, and we're going on Vista next week. I was wondering if we would save money by canceling Allura now and rebooking while on Vista. I think we would lose $250pp if we cancel, so the additional savings onboard would have to exceed that.

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

We booked a late 2025 cruise on Allura when it first opened for booking. I see that the fares have not increased as of today, and we're going on Vista next week. I was wondering if we would save money by canceling Allura now and rebooking while on Vista. I think we would lose $250pp if we cancel, so the additional savings onboard would have to exceed that.

Don’t cancel yet. We were able to get the onboard booking discount applied to the previously booked cruises given the cabin category that we had booked was still available at the time we were on board the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since you booked on board, you have a price match guarantee. If in the future, your itinerary goes on sale, you will most likely qualify to get the lower price. I think your best bet is to hold onto your reservation patiently. On the other hand, if you decide you prefer a different itinerary, you can make a change once with no fee.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:33 PM, PhD-iva said:

Since you booked on board, you have a price match guarantee. If in the future, your itinerary goes on sale, you will most likely qualify to get the lower price. I think your best bet is to hold onto your reservation patiently. On the other hand, if you decide you prefer a different itinerary, you can make a change once with no fee.

I did not book the Allura cruise when I was onboard, but maybe when I'm on Vista next week I can get the onboard discount per the post from @osandomir.