Are they still offering 50% discount for onboard bookings?

TN-Mountains

On 11/25/2023 at 5:34 PM, wallyj said:

Just boarded Discovery today 11/25. Received a list about 3/4 of a page.  Sailings on list are supposed to be 20 or 30% off, so better than nothing. Have not studied list yet, but as @Cajuntravelerposted #2, they received 30% off a January 2024 sailing.

Thanks.  Not as sweet as 50%, but 20-30% isn't bad if they have an itinerary you like and are already considering.  Can you post a photo of the current list?  

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 9:16 PM, deliver42 said:

The best I've seen on Princess's website is 50% deposit. The rest of it is garbage.

Yeah, the sales on the website are like furniture sales...they have one every week, but the overall price is usually the same, they're just shifting around the perks.  For instance, I had been tracking the price of a 4-day cruise for 7 months.  During that time, they advertised 2 or 3 sales.  The price of the cruise was essentially the same the entire time.  One sale appeared to be $200 cheaper, but you lost the $200 OBC with the prior sale.  In the end, that $200 is needed for crew appreciation so it all comes down to whether I preferred paying it upfront or waiting until onboard.  The only slight exception to this was for the 3-person cabin.  The overall price dropped $150+/- when they added the kids sale free (or 3rd & 4th sale free) promotion.   

The half-off promotion I was referring to in this post, is the one they were offering while onboard the ship.  They are (or were) true half-off discounts. I was able to book a balcony for 2 people for $800+/- inclusive of port fees & taxes.  That was half-off what I could have booked the balcony for on Princess.com.  In fact, it was a lot less than the cheapest interior cabin I had been tracking for months.  

• Thanks 1