Birth Certificate

cruiseorcamp

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's funny (and very believable).  Now you just need to figure out how to ensure that everyone packs their passport when they leave home.  Like I said elsewhere: Passport, medications, cash/cards.  The big three.  Get those correct and you're 90%+ there.

Well good news is they can’t board a flight without it and we are all flying in day before. If someone forgets it they will just have to take another flight worse case.

2 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Easier if I just ask the questions instead of them having to do any research.

Do not let them do the research! I swear my BIL calls me every other day to ask if I've seen a price drop. omg.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

Well good news is they can’t board a flight without it and we are all flying in day before. If someone forgets it they will just have to take another flight worse case.

Not true if they are flying domestically in the US. Other docs can be used instead of a passport.

12 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Not true if they are flying domestically in the US. Other docs can be used instead of a passport.

We are Canadians flying from Canada to the US. So in my case it’s all passports all the way. Everyone has a passport it’s just a matter of making sure they are valid for the trip and that they bring them to the airport.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

We are Canadians flying from Canada to the US. So in my case it’s all passports all the way. Everyone has a passport it’s just a matter of making sure they are valid for the trip and that they bring them to the airport.

My phrasing was meant to imply towards US citizens.

15 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

My phrasing was meant to imply towards US citizens.

The discussion was about my family not forgetting their passports that you replied to. “They” referred to my cousins etc so your comment does not apply at all. 

Also if you are referring to US that doesn’t mean they are flying domestic. Flying to another country they will need their passport presented at the airport.  Not all cruisers are Americans and not all cruises start from the US.

20 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's funny (and very believable).  Now you just need to figure out how to ensure that everyone packs their passport when they leave home.  Like I said elsewhere: Passport, medications, cash/cards.  The big three.  Get those correct and you're 90%+ there.

Shirley Valentine movie-  tickets, money, passport, tickets, money passport. My go to list

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

The discussion was about my family not forgetting their passports that you replied to. “They” referred to my cousins etc so your comment does not apply at all. 

Also if you are referring to US that doesn’t mean they are flying domestic. Flying to another country they will need their passport presented at the airport.  Not all cruisers are Americans and not all cruises start from the US.

You seem to be somehow offended.

So, please allow me to clarify.

I absolutely noticed your nationality when I responded. You had made a blanket statement in response to another poster that boarding without a passport was not possible - it made no mention that you referred to your own family or other Canadian citizens. That's why i pointed out that this did not necessarily apply to all others viewing this thread.

As to your second critique, I specifically mentioned flying domestically - therefore your comment on that aspect does not apply.

Your last sentence is, of course, 100% accurate - but not scenarios that I was referring to.

45 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

You seem to be somehow offended.

So, please allow me to clarify.

I absolutely noticed your nationality when I responded. You had made a blanket statement in response to another poster that boarding without a passport was not possible - it made no mention that you referred to your own family or other Canadian citizens. That's why i pointed out that this did not necessarily apply to all others viewing this thread.

As to your second critique, I specifically mentioned flying domestically - therefore your comment on that aspect does not apply.

Your last sentence is, of course, 100% accurate - but not scenarios that I was referring to.

My response was not generic but was an answer to an ongoing conversation with ChieMateJRK discussing making sure people had passport for MY family trip. It was in no way stating that everyone needs a passport to fly. That’s why it’s quoted every time. You seem to just not have seen that this was an ongoing back and forth and thought your two cents applied to the scenario when it did not. Anyways personally I always fly with my passport even if it’s domestic, I actually rarely leave the house without it.