Earliest flight out of LAX when docking at San Pedro?

TwinMamainMN

We have never cruised from CA before. Sailing on NCL Bliss in March. I know the distance to LAX is approximately 18 miles, but have no idea how much time to allow for traffic on a Sunday morning or how busy LAX will be. We will probably book Uber/Lyft when we get off the ship. What is the earliest flight departure time AND what would a "comfortable" departure time be? We are thinking noon, but I wanted to ask the experts on CC before we book anything.

2 hours ago, TwinMamainMN said:

We have never cruised from CA before. Sailing on NCL Bliss in March. I know the distance to LAX is approximately 18 miles, but have no idea how much time to allow for traffic on a Sunday morning or how busy LAX will be. We will probably book Uber/Lyft when we get off the ship. What is the earliest flight departure time AND what would a "comfortable" departure time be? We are thinking noon, but I wanted to ask the experts on CC before we book anything.

in LA...18 miles equates to about 30 min drive time.  If you walk off with your own luggage around 8am, noon departure  should be fine.  Just remember, wait time for ride share ( maybe 10 -15 min) wait time for customs ( if there is one).  Early Sundays mornings are usually very lazy freeway times.  Just my opinion, I am a big freak for being on time for things.  The one kink in your timing would be if there is an accident or some stupid demonstration that can close the freeway.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

in LA...18 miles equates to about 30 min drive time.  If you walk off with your own luggage around 8am, noon departure  should be fine.  Just remember, wait time for ride share ( maybe 10 -15 min) wait time for customs ( if there is one).  Early Sundays mornings are usually very lazy freeway times.  Just my opinion, I am a big freak for being on time for things.  The one kink in your timing would be if there is an accident or some stupid demonstration that can close the freeway.   

San Pedro uses facial recognition, so "customs" clearance can be very fast. We were off the Discovery Princess last month using self-walkoff and were through the process in seconds, never even had to speak to an agent. We also disembarked on a Sunday and the taxi ride to LAX was, as you say, about 30 minutes in light traffic

• Like 1

We had an excellent Lyft driver from San Pedro to LAX  recently on a Wednesday morning.  Picked up curbside at 8:30am, only ship in port.  Major traffic on every freeway, and the ride from pickup to T7 took 42 minutes. TSA and walk to gate was about 25 minutes, and we had plenty of time before our 11:35 flight. While Sundays will be lighter on the freeway, the port area could be more congested with several ships, and LAX busier also. Still, I think noon is safe...

• Like 1