Norwegian Spirit Oct 23-Nov 4, 2024 Sailing (not a roll call entry) - arrival time in Osaka is very odd

SonomaMist

Anyone else on the Norwegian Spirit Oct. 23-Nov. 4, 2024 cruise around Japan from Tokyo to Tokyo?

I have been questioning the arrival time with NCL in Osaka on Friday, Nov. 1. It was originally 7AM on the Norwegian Sun but changed to 7 PM on Norwegian Spirit when they changed ships. As of today, I again checked with Norwegian who indicated it is not a typo. 

Others also checked on Cruise Critic who received the same info. We leave Himeji, the port before Osaka, on Thursday, Oct. 31 at 7 pm. This really begs credulity, as I have taken the train from Himeji to Osaka in 2016 and it took less than an hour - and this a local train, not a bullet train. 

I am very disappointed by this news - seriously, spending a day at sea to go what can be done less than an hour by train? Others have confirmed that it is not possible to disembark the ship in Himeji and reboard in Osaka due to Japanese customs laws. I did check other cruises and none really match this itinerary -- but that doesn't mean other cruises won't be added. 

I will continue to track this development but just wanted to see if anyone experienced this?

Thursday, October 24 At Sea ~
Friday, October 25 Sapporo (Otaru), Japan 10:00AM to 7:00PM 
Saturday, October 26 Hakodate, Japan 9:00AM to 6:00PM 
Sunday, October 27 Akita, Japan7:00AM to 3:00PM
Monday, October 28 Kanazawa, Japan 7:00AM to 5:00PM
Tuesday, October 29 Busan, South Korea 2:30 PM to 9:00PM Wednesday, October 30 Cruise Kanmon Straight to Beppu 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Thursday, October 31 Himeji, Japan 11:15AM to 7:00PM 
Friday, November 1 Osaka, Japan 7:00PM (overnight)
Saturday, November 2 Osaka, Japan 5:00PM 
Sunday, November 3 Shimizu (Mount Fuji), Japan 10:00AM to 7:00PM
Monday, November 4 Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan 8:00AM

• 4 months later...

Hi I’m on this cruise . First time cruising with NCL Spirit .  Is there any other people on this Tokyo to Tokyo departing 23rd Oct 24

for 12 nights.
Would like to join any independent tours with other cruises. However I have a quote for a 8 hour private tour vehicle on the 2nd Nov in Osaka for a group of 6 or 9 ppl . 
Pick up at port 7.30am - arrive back at port by 3.30 pm for a 5.00pm departure. 
Cost is per vehicle - 

6-seater vehicle: 83,000 yen 
9-seater vehicle: 97,000 yen
please let me know if any interest . 

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late to the table on this, just researching shore excursions with NCL or with Shore Excursions Asia whose prices are less the more people there are on the excursion. I would be interested in joining others to bring our costs down.