Reflection/Silhouette - Porch/Lawn Club Grill open on port days?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I see that there are several dates where these two ships are doing 3 and 4 night runs, with either 0 or 1 sea days. Does that mean that the Porch and/or Lawn Club Grill are only open for lunch once during each cruise, if at all... or, have they made any changes to that policy for these cruises?

Tom

I've never seen any of the specialty dining or MDR's open on port days. The exception is, of course, the MDR for the Concierge lunch on boarding day.

BTW - we lived in Melbourne for several years & loved being able to take short cruises out of PC. Hope you're able to enjoy a lot of X cruises from your home port. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

I've never seen any of the specialty dining or MDR's open on port days. The exception is, of course, the MDR for the Concierge lunch on boarding day.

BTW - we lived in Melbourne for several years & loved being able to take short cruises out of PC. Hope you're able to enjoy a lot of X cruises from your home port. 

I was thrilled when I heard that Celebrity was bringing a ship here - then happy to learn that it was at least a Solstice class ship, less so that it wasn't the Reflection or Silhouette (really love those two lunch options). 

Having said that - I predict we'll be getting back on the Equinox, just because it's going to be so convenient !

Around that same time (ballpark) Princess also announced that it would be brining its first ship to PC - sadly, it was the Caribbean Princess... the only Princess cruise we've been on, and a ship we didn't care for. Hey, we have to take the good with the not so good !!  🙂

Tom

After a recent 14 night TA on Reflection I have decided my Favorite Specialty Dining restaurant is the Lawn Club Grill !

I dined there  3 times and each time tried a different feature item and All were extremely Good.

I wish that the S class ships with the Hot Glass in the same area of the ships would convert to the Lawn Club Grill.

I'm looking forward to  a cruise on Silhouette as it also has LCG.

I probably will not cruise again on Reflection as my favorite place on E and S class X ships is the forward Sky Lounge and X ruined that by walling off 1/3 of it for a Lux Suite and arranged the seating away from the forward view.

• Like 1

@Tom-n-Cheryl We also really like the Silhouette ... Lawn Club Grill is my favourite specialty dining & I would rather eat there than Murano!

Maybe you'll be able to take advantage of last minute deals ... we did a lot of last minute cruises on RCCL when we were there. Never tried Princess but if the price was right and we didn't have to fly to the port I suppose it would be worthwhile. (That reasoning does not extend to Carnival! 🤣)

• Like 1