promenade rooms

Trying to decide if I should get 2 promenade rooms. Or 1 balconey and 1

promenade . This will be our second time on the Navigator. Last trip was just DH and myself. This time taking DS and DD. Is a balconey worth an extra $580.?

Only you can decide if it's worth it. Personally, the balcony doesn't make or break my trip. I've done it both ways, and this time I opted for 2 connecting PR cabins (for 3 ppl) which should make for a larger feel.

The ONLY thing I missed when in a PR cabin was daylight. Sailaways weren't spent on the balcony, as I expected, since I really liked being up top for those.

JMO....but I actually like the Promrnade rooms better. Just because you can't get that type of experience on other ships. And to me who is a people watcher, it is much more fun to sit in the window seat and spy on the people in the promenade while waiting for my husband to finish in the bathroom than it is to watch the water. :) :)

~Jen

Trying to decide if I should get 2 promenade rooms. Or 1 balconey and 1

promenade . This will be our second time on the Navigator. Last trip was just DH and myself. This time taking DS and DD. Is a balconey worth an extra $580.?

If you get PR rooms, you can have adjoining rooms and supervise your children more effectively. I don't know how old your kids are but I'm stunned by how young some people think is ok to be in a room across the hall.

I am part of a large family group doing a Holiday sailing on Mariner. Most of us with kids opted for adjoining promenade rooms over a balcony. Two reasons mainly. First is having TWO bathrooms. Second is having the privacy. When all are in one balcony cabin, the kids end up sharing a pullout sofa. (Not to mention we ALL have more space this way!!) There is NO WAY I would ever have them in a different cabin with them not being adjoining. DS 14 and DS 4.

Anybody who has sailed the Voyager class ships knows there are PLENTY of spots to sit and look outside or BE outside.

We have done it both ways and personally I like the balcony/pr room the best! It's worth the money to us to have breakfast every morning on the balcony and there is extra space. You can still have the fun watching the parade/people in the PR room. We did it with rooms right across from each other.Not down the hall...

We've booked balconies when ever possible......However, on our upcoming Freedom Cruise we are in a Promenade Cabin!

Posters have stated the advantage of watching the parades from your promenade windows. Since I have never stayed in a Promenade, do you miss out on the involvement of the parades???

We've watched them from the room andfrom the "street" and it's a trade-off. In the room, you can see better, watch in your Pj's and there's no jostling but you don't feel a part of it the way you might down below. I don't recall if they put the audio on the tv channel or not.

Archived