Live from the Valor

Wennfred

Fred,

It is so great that you are taking the time to share your vacation with us. I was wondering if you if would save the Capers and post them when you get home? There are no recent Valor Western Capers anywhere.

Thanks again for this live report.

I can't believe how nice you are to take time out of your vacation to post your review and answer all the questions so - THANK YOU! I'm enjoying it all! You and Wendy look beautiful! Any photos of the back of her hair? I would like to see what they did with it. Thanks for everything and have a wonderful trip!

I was so excited to check in to this thread this morning. I'm so happy you guys are having a great time and SO appreciate you taking the time for the reviews/pictures. We'll be on the Valor in less than 3 weeks and are getting pretty dang excited!

Enjoy every moment!

:) Thanks for taking time out from your vacation to keep us all informed, the cabin looks great. We sailed on the Valor last March with the Spring Break Kids and had a blast with them. On formal night it was great to see color in the gowns instead of just Black.

Make sure you get the fish & chips upstairs at Rosie's "YUM!"

When I last left off I was off to see the Adult Comedy show, this guy Micheal Macy, was awesome, he had everyone

laughing so hard, even he had to laugh at his own jokes. He hit all age groups, it was very rated "R" but he gave

everyone his speech about not to take anything serious and just have a good time, we all did.

Didnt make it to the Bronx Club tonight because I was so sleepy and had to get up at 6:30am, I will surely check

tonight for Angela. I made it back to the room and hit the sack, I slept really good.

Day 3 Day in Port, Grand Caymans

Its 6am and Im finally up, the ship is still moving and heading to the Grand Caymans, I can see the Carnival

Miracle, Princess Coral and a NCL ship out in the distance, we drop anchor and its 7am, Our Room Service made it

late so we couldnt eat, we headed to the Ivanhoe Theater to check in with the Stingray & Island tour group. We

started our way to the Tender boats at 7:15am and a short ride like 15 minutes over to the pier. Grand Caymans is

very nice and colorful.

They were hit by a massive storm back in 2004, but you cant tell, everything is all new again. Our Island tour

took us to the Turtle farm, they have a new facility across the street, its very nice. They lost about 3500 turtles

during the storm that year. Then they took us to HELL, did the post card thing there and then to our boats. The

boat ride to the Sandbar where the Stingrays hang out was only 20 to 25 minutes, depending if you get a faster

boat. We left the pier at 9:30am. Once there they drop anchor and lower the ladder into the water, Water temp was

about 79 degrees, nice and warm. No need for wet suits, just bring your Mask and Snorkles. They also provided mask

and snorkles and air vest if you needed them and equipment for smaller childern. The water looks like youre in a

swimming pool. 45 Minutes of playing with the slimey stingrays we were back on the boat around 11:30am where they

served us some strong rum punch. We made it back to the pier and headed back to the Tender and back to the ship.

We made it back at 12:30pm We dropped off our bags and headed up to Lido for some chow.

Now for Anwsers:

INCHARGE:

There are no closets in the the hallway heading into the cabin, I hear no noises here just the ships engines

humming out in the distance, The seas were choppy but no rock and roll, but could feel something was moving

underneath you. The shoes vocal talents were Lidnsey Priour and Brian Singleton, she is really good. Has a great

voice. We will probably have the Motown review later on during the week.

CruzKrazy:

Sure, Im saving up the Capers to post them when I get home.

Nikita:

I will have pictures of the back of Wendys hair on Friday for you.

Hootsie:

The Valor is so big, we havent even found everything yet!!!

Cruissett:

Everytime I go up to Lido for a snack I forget about the Fish and Chips I will try to make it tomorrow. Thanks for

reminding me.

Dognewtricks:

Thanks I will keep you postedl

Cruisingvalor:

I have the schedule here also, I will post it when I return but for now the times are 7:30am starting the day after

embarkation.

Heres a picture of Stingray city:

Fred

378499065_StingrayAlley_620x106.jpg.c1b9a17d28bc68942c3eb1395fe3d2ea.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us ! I am really enjoying these updates..

Fred , you and Wendy look FABulous in your formal wear...Wendy looks amazing in that dress ....

We are not going onThe Valor until Dec and our daughter and her fiancee are coming as well .We thought the 1A you are in would be perfect for them so we called to see if they were available. The rep told us that there were only two seperate beds available in CAT 1A "s. I explained to her that we knew of someone who had stayed in 2465 and it was a larger bed configuration.She told me that the res system says it is a single bed with a bunk ...

So you guys really have found a secret maybe!

I can't wait to see the wrap around cabins..

Again , thank you for being so generous to share your vacation with us..

Still Day 3, We just left Grand Caymans, after a short nap I got up at 4:30pm to get ready for the Past Guest

Party, We made it up at 5pm, We received our invitations and our Pins in our cabin yesterday for this party. The

party went ok, it was held in the Eagle Lounge, not many past guest cruisers onboard. The free drinks were great as

always. This is when Brett Alan the Cruise Director told us that the Carnival Freedom will be sailing to Europe, I

said boooo, since I dont want to go to Europe on a cruise and would prefer to sail on her here in the Caribbean. Oh

well, I still have the Carnival Splendor.

After the Past Guest party we walked around then headed to our 6:3opm appointment with Supper Club at Scarletts.

The dining experience is awesome, the food was great, Wendys Surf and Turf was good but very small, I will post a

picture here of our plates. I ordered the the Porterhouse Steak and couldnt finish it. Our waitress was so so, it

seemed to me like she didnt really want to be there serving anyone, but after awhile she opened up alittle. The

Porterhouse was great but it wasnt 24 ounces, I have seen a 24 ounce porterhouse steak at Pinnicle Petes. This one

seemed like 18 ounces, either way I had to fight it down, Way too much if you had a good lunch, I recommend to try

and have a lite lunch before you go to Supper Club. I also took pictures of Scarletts dinning room. I also asked 4

different people about a copy of the menu and they all told me the same, They will try to get me one but no one

ever came back with a copy. Finally when the Chef came over to our table to ask us how the dinner went I told him

that Im writing a review about this dining experience and would like a copy so that I could write about what I ate.

Then another waitress came and told me to come tomorrow for a copy. The highlite of the dinner was the Deserts.

Wendy had the something chocolate and it looked like she was in cloud 9 somewhere. We left and she went off to

rest, she was so tired and I went to the Show.

The show was truely amazing because I like magic shows and jugglers. Our Cruise Director Brett Alan is a

professional magician, he performed for the first 30 minutes of the show with doves and parrots, He also performed

tricks I have seen done by Dave Copperfield, it was a great show, then the Juggler came out named Dana Tison, he

was amazing also and funny too. The show ended at 9:45pm and I headed down to my cabin to wake wendy up and to tell

her all about the show. She looked at me like I was crazy and went back to sleep LOL.

Tonight we have another Adult Comedy show, Yes back to back shows!!! Im all fired up about it because I love them.

This guy is Frank Delpizzo, another guy I havent heard of but the name sounds Italian so it should be a great show.

Today Day 3, Was a fun, exciting day.... Grand Caymans, Island Tour, Stingray City, Ice cream on Lido deck, Past

Guest Party, Supper Club, Magic and Juggler show and later tonight the Adult Comedy show. Where else can you get

all this excitement !!!

Ok now to answer some more questions:

MamaParrotHead:

Angela is currently on the Victory, I will see if I can find her Email address. I may have to go through the Trap

door and head into the Crews spaces for this info, could be dangerous, I will post about it later if I do make it

back out.

MissMokey:

I will post the Capers when I get home on a website and pass on the link.

Donna&Lou:

Wendy said thanks youre too kind.

Bgmtrans:

Most of the PVP have never cruise on a cruise ship, and alot of them that have cruised still do not know the cabin

layouts, We found out this Cat 1a layout from reading here on Cruise Critic, then INCHARGE posted some cool

pictures and so did JLeg. All the PVP will tell ya is that these cabins like 2465 have 2 separate bunks or an Up

and Down bunk. This cabin 2465 and the other across on the other side of the ship is a L Shape configuraton. The

long hallway at the entrance then it opens up into a big cabin as you saw on the pictures above. Also the bathroom

is big, the shower is set up to handle a wheelchair and it also has a seat the folds down from the wall.

Picture of our dinner at Scarletts

Fred

IMG_8162_420x280.JPG.f112db33ac5660d19cbf98af6ac37d02.JPG

Fred, thanks again! You're the greatest! I've got a big smile on my face reading and responding to your rambling, and everybody's responses. Makes me proud to be a CCer. This addiction is a lot of fun and not too harmful (lol). I actually felt special that you addressed a couple of observations to me personally. The issues you taked about: the spring breakers, etc. were refreshingly positive. Makes me feel even more exited for my trip on the Valor. I wasn't worried anyway. DW and I always have a great cruise. We know we will. Valor! Sunday! YEA!

You guys are great ! Thanks for all the info - we'll be sailing this Sunday ! Can't wait. I am alittle nervous about Spring Break - but I'm sure it will be fine. My son is 5 and looks forward to Camp Carnival. Did you metion that you were going to take pictures? I'll be on the look out. Also, I liked the information about the 1 A cabins - Carnival won't tell you that they make up to a queen bed - I wonder what the 1 A's are like on the Victory. We have a group sailing in Feb '07. I'd like to tell them to go for it! But would hate it if they had bunk beds. Thanks again for all your info - you look beautiful tonight all dressed up ! Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

PS....Can you just go to Scarletts for drinks , coffee and dessert and dancing???

I would appreciate the email addy, if you get a chance. But I don't expect you to use your entire vacation filling requests by CC'ers. :) Sounds like you guys are having a blast, the pics are great (what kind of camera do you have?) and appreciated, and you're just making me JEALOUS, in general. I think I'm about to break 400 in the countdown to our next cruise. :( :)

Hi Fred, wonderful review, every morning i cant wait to get up and read what you and wendy have done. Its like reading a good book you cant put down, but i have to go to work, then i cant wait to get home to see what else you two have done. Well down to 39 more days woohoo. Hey fred, just one question, do they have bathrobes in all the rooms or just suites, we have a balcony room. just one less thing to have to pack. Well have a good day 4, i cant wait to get home today and read more. the more i read the better the valor sounds. Have a great day. Deb

Hi Fred, wonderful review, every morning i cant wait to get up and read what you and wendy have done. Its like reading a good book you cant put down, but i have to go to work, then i cant wait to get home to see what else you two have done. Well down to 39 more days woohoo. Hey fred, just one question, do they have bathrobes in all the rooms or just suites, we have a balcony room. just one less thing to have to pack. Well have a good day 4, i cant wait to get home today and read more. the more i read the better the valor sounds. Have a great day. Deb

Me too...in fact I'm reading this at work and getting very impatient for my cruise...LOL:cool:

I just wanted to throw in my enormous gratitude for the effort you've put forth to give us this live & up-to-date posting(s).

It really helps us pass the time until we get to go too!

Again, thank you SO much for giving up precious time on your cruise to do these updates. So much more fresher than a review!

Wish I was there with you!!!!

P.S...BEAUTIFUL formal wear!

Archived