Pricedrop FCC possible also when cruise is booked AFTER final payment date?

TrumpyNor

Has anyone received pricedrop FCC in cases where the cruise was originally booked after the final payment date? Since it is about 4 months between final payment date and sailing date, it is not unlikely that a cruise booked about 2-3 months before sailing date drops even more in price closer to the sailing date.

7 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

Has anyone received pricedrop FCC in cases where the cruise was originally booked after the final payment date? Since it is about 4 months between final payment date and sailing date, it is not unlikely that a cruise booked about 2-3 months before sailing date drops even more in price closer to the sailing date.

I don't see why that is any different than if you had booked earlier.

• Like 1

In 2022, I booked our cruise before final payment was due, but I upgraded our cabin to the Haven after final payment.

Shortly thereafter, the price dropped $600, then our suite type sold out a day or two later, so my timing was perfect. NCL gave me and my husband each a $300 FCC that would go into our Latitudes accounts after our sailing was complete.

It did show up within a couple of days after we got back, but to use them, you must sail within a year, not just book. We did not sail within a year, so we lost them. We did book a year to the day of our disembarkation date for a cruise in 2024, and our TA could not get them to honor the FCC. It would've been nice, but the rules were pretty straightforward.

I think that even if you initially book after final payment, you can still ask for FCC for one price drop. Word on the street is that you cannot do this multiple times, though.

• Like 1

We booked our last cruise after final payment date. A rate drop of about $1,400 occurred after we booked. Since we had booked BOGO Air we were unable to get FCC. If we had booked our own flights, we would have received a FCC for the price difference, even though we booked after final payment date. 

Book late and check often! 

• Like 3