Escape questions and premium plus question

con3

Does anyone know what parties they have on the Escape. Wondering if there are any theme parties like a white party etc. Also wondering if anyone has sailed NCL over New years eve and if so do they have a big party?

Wondering if the Premium plus beverage package covers wine at the cellar wine bar and if so is it limited to certain wines and just by the glass. Thanks for any info!

I can answer the party part of your question.  There should be several late evening (10:30 P.M. dance parties including a Glow Party (Neon colors replace White Hot Party).  Which parties are held and which venue is up to the Cruise Director.  Check your Freestyle Daily for exact information.

On NYE there should be celebration parties all over the ship.  Most very crowded and noisy.  Check your Freestyle Daily for more information.

I do not drink so I do not know which beverage package covers what.

Enjoy your cruise

14 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

I can answer the party part of your question.  There should be several late evening (10:30 P.M. dance parties including a Glow Party (Neon colors replace White Hot Party).  Which parties are held and which venue is up to the Cruise Director.  Check your Freestyle Daily for exact information.

On NYE there should be celebration parties all over the ship.  Most very crowded and noisy.  Check your Freestyle Daily for more information.

I do not drink so I do not know which beverage package covers what.

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you!

The premium plus package is usable at the Cellars Wine Bar. There are certain wines that will be included and you may drink them by the glass. You can have as many glasses as you wish though. With the plus package, you can purchase bottles of wine for 40% off of the posted price. This is on any bottles that are sold here or elsewhere on the ship.

48 minutes ago, pkay1 said:

The premium plus package is usable at the Cellars Wine Bar. There are certain wines that will be included and you may drink them by the glass. You can have as many glasses as you wish though. With the plus package, you can purchase bottles of wine for 40% off of the posted price. This is on any bottles that are sold here or elsewhere on the ship.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, con3 said:

Does anyone know what parties they have on the Escape. Wondering if there are any theme parties like a white party etc. Also wondering if anyone has sailed NCL over New years eve and if so do they have a big party?

Wondering if the Premium plus beverage package covers wine at the cellar wine bar and if so is it limited to certain wines and just by the glass. Thanks for any info!

We sailed on the Getaway last NYE. There were gatherings of revelers everywhere but the main event was in the atrium.  It wasn't quite as organized as I would have thought but there were party hats and noise makers. They had Times Square on the big screen.  I can't remember if they passed champagne as our friend bought a bottle of Dom which we were drinking.  At some point we were hanging across from the Martini bar where there was a bit of elbow room but we could still be a part of it all.  Christmas decorations still up made for festive atmosphere.

I was disappointed in the late night snacks. O'Sheehan's was the only place to find food and it was preset with hot dogs...not quite what we were looking for at that hour. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, con3 said:

As others have stated, it covers MOST wine.  If you wanted Veuve, for instance, that's only included in Le Bistro; you'd pay anywhere else.  And they charge for the Louis XIII cognac 🙂  The bartenders will always advise when something isn't included.  

6 hours ago, TenForward said:

We sailed on the Getaway last NYE. There were gatherings of revelers everywhere but the main event was in the atrium.  It wasn't quite as organized as I would have thought but there were party hats and noise makers. They had Times Square on the big screen.  I can't remember if they passed champagne as our friend bought a bottle of Dom which we were drinking.  At some point we were hanging across from the Martini bar where there was a bit of elbow room but we could still be a part of it all.  Christmas decorations still up made for festive atmosphere.

I was disappointed in the late night snacks. O'Sheehan's was the only place to find food and it was preset with hot dogs...not quite what we were looking for at that hour. 

And those hot dogs looked very sad! Kudos to you for making it in the Atrium. We walked through around 11:45 and walked (as quickly as we could - as in, very slowly) out to the aft portion of the ship. Far too much for us! We made it to our room and were resting our eyeballs by midnight. 

For those that want a party - tons of parties on New Year's Eve!! We did enjoy the late night comedy show that evening - it ended around 11:30 which is why we found ourselves in the very crowded atrium at 11:45. 

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

And those hot dogs looked very sad! Kudos to you for making it in the Atrium. We walked through around 11:45 and walked (as quickly as we could - as in, very slowly) out to the aft portion of the ship. Far too much for us! We made it to our room and were resting our eyeballs by midnight. 

For those that want a party - tons of parties on New Year's Eve!! We did enjoy the late night comedy show that evening - it ended around 11:30 which is why we found ourselves in the very crowded atrium at 11:45. 

lol, they did look sad.  We passed.  We were only in the Atrium about 15 - 20 minutes  -- just long enough to watch the ball drop and ring in the New Year.  It was crazy...people dancing on tables, having fun.  Things seemed to quiet down pretty quickly after midnight. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kenzie said:

You can get verve by the glass on the premium plus anywhere they stock it at no extra cost, I do this every time I cruise.

This has not been the case for most of 2023. It is only available with plus in Le Bistro, which was stated above. The ships are now carrying Pommery Rose Champagne instead.

• Like 1

Maybe they changed it since January as I was having Verve everywhere, I am on Escape and Epic (Haven) in February, will definitely upgrade in Haven but not sure on Escape, have NCL issued new information on what is available now? 

Edited by kenzie
More questions

7 minutes ago, kenzie said:

Maybe they changed it since January as I was having Verve everywhere, I am on Escape and Epic (Haven) in February, will definitely upgrade in Haven but not sure on Escape, have NCL issued new information on what is available now? 

The current list is available on the website in the chart that shows what you get if you upgrade to premium plus. I cruised in May and September and Pommery Rose was the champagne poured on both of those trips. I sailed four times in 2022 and drank Veuve on those trips, so you're not wrong, just not up to date. 

28 minutes ago, pkay1 said:

The current list is available on the website in the chart that shows what you get if you upgrade to premium plus. I cruised in May and September and Pommery Rose was the champagne poured on both of those trips. I sailed four times in 2022 and drank Veuve on those trips, so you're not wrong, just not up to date. 

Is this champagne nice in your opinion? I will try to find the list - thank you

8 hours ago, pkay1 said:

@kenzie Pommery Rose is pretty highly rated. It's not an inexpensive champagne, but it is a rosé, so different. I thought it tasted good, but very different from Veuve.

Pommery is a beautiful champagne, I know not everyone likes rosè, I love it and can’t wait to drink it where I can on the Bliss, particularly in the Haven