Funnel Deck on Holiday?

eLav8

I've been reading countless threads regarding the infamous "F deck" on Carnival ships. I have seen a few photos of other class ships where you can clearly tell where this deck is in photos, but on photos of the Holiday, I have failed to find anything hinting at the existence of an "f deck" nor have I been able to find a reference to it in searching these forums.

Can someone tell me if there is an "F deck" on the Holiday & if it is topless as are the others.

It's not a big concern, just curiousity...Any response is greatly appreciated!

Curiousity killed the pu, so sorry I meant cat

Haha, I don't think my curiousity will harm anything.

All I need is a yes or no answer....Anybody? Cotton? Beuller?

:D

I know what the F deck looks like...but on the photos of the Holiday that I have seen on Webshots, it appears that the slide entry sits right next to the "F deck." I presume that since many children will use the slide & the F deck is topless optional, wouldn't this cause a problem?

I am just curious if it is the same or if there is much more discretion against topless sunbathing up there since children could (appearantly) view the deck.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/244953292/1244991073044140973YLSBqB

http://community.webshots.com/photo/259880683/1259902600047326417kKriuS

http://community.webshots.com/photo/259880683/1259891726047326417rTSlRF

There's some photos I found that may explain my question a little better. If I am wrong, my bad....Just a curious first time cruise.

I think the Celebration and the Holiday are sister ships. The top optional deck on the Celebration is one of the forward decks. It is "isolated" from the rest of the ship by a pair of doors on each side.

I think the Celebration and the Holiday are sister ships. The top optional deck on the Celebration is one of the forward decks. It is "isolated" from the rest of the ship by a pair of doors on each side.

Thanks! Just the answer I was looking for. I guess some tend to forget the Holiday class ships are older & slightly different.

sx+SSpWMtNbzVR2tlcBiM8JrJqnTXU070300.jpg
Okay, now do a 180 degree turn and walk as far forward as you can, toward the bow of the Holiday - that's where the top optional section is located. Not anywhere near the stack (funnel).

The F deck is the same place it is on all

Carnival ships, by the Funnel(The big red thing with smoke

coming out of each side), And yes, it is the same as all

other Carnival ships.

On the Celebration (and I suspect also the Holiday) it is

on the Sun Deck, located above the Balcony Suites two

decks above the Lido. There are two doors to enter, and

each is posted "Aults only, must be 18 to enter, no cameras

allowed."

It is the very top deck and no way anyone on board can see

unless they are peeping in the windows of the doors. It has

walls with glassed in windows to block the wind also.

If I was a female, and wanted to take my top off, I could do so

very comfortably up there.

On the Celebration (and I suspect also the Holiday) it is

on the Sun Deck, located above the Balcony Suites two

decks above the Lido. There are two doors to enter, and

each is posted "Aults only, must be 18 to enter, no cameras

allowed."

It is the very top deck and no way anyone on board can see

unless they are peeping in the windows of the doors. It has

walls with glassed in windows to block the wind also.

If I was a female, and wanted to take my top off, I could do so

very comfortably up there.

Did they have waiter service up there, being so remote from the rest of the ship?

Whenever I've been up there, the bar service seems to be EXCELLENT!!! ;)

They should have a little buffet up there for snacks. An elevator for disabled access. Of course a pool (no swim diapers or depends allowed). Coed restrooms.

YES the holiday has a topless deck. Where it is i don't remember, hwoever i was on ther 12 years ago when i was 15 and by my surprise...i found it..So if it was there 12 years ago, i doubt with the modern times have become that they would have done away with it.

I was on the Liberty a few weeks ago and visited the F deck quite often. It seemed to be that anyone could get an eyeful by hanging out directly across on the other side of the pool area. Maybe I am wrong?

In addition, there were people sunbathing completely nude. None of the waiters seemed to mind and YES, service is excellent on the F deck.

It seemed to be that anyone could get an eyeful by hanging out directly across on the other side of the pool area.

It can also be seen from the top of the slide on some ships. That's what happened to me. I was scarded for life causing me to be on CC 24/7

1921697223_Cruise202005funneldeck.jpg.d792658ca52020ca7f3d8854c9e8311b.jpg

It was just announced in the Mobile Press newspaper that the new minature golf course is located on the "F" Deck near the topless area. Does this mean that all of the kids are going to have to fight all of the "dirty ol' men for use of the golf course?:D There also was a photo of the golf course. Looked pretty good.

Richard

It was just announced in the Mobile Press newspaper that the new minature golf course is located on the "F" Deck near the topless area. Does this mean that all of the kids are going to have to fight all of the "dirty ol' men for use of the golf course?:D There also was a photo of the golf course. Looked pretty good.

Richard

I wish they posted photos online...but I did find the story right here...

http://www.al.com/business/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/business/1143454752110060.xml&coll=3

Archived