Do you think jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard

cruiserking

Do you think jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard

• I do not feel jeans are appropriate aboard Cunard.
    • I think jeans are fine during the day but, not at night.
    • I think jeans are suitable dress anytime of the day.
    • No Opinion

Whoa....some of us fit this profile....and then some. I will endeavour to maintain a sprightly pace....at my age I don't have all day either!

Cheers, Penny

Penny, You? Rational? My, my! Why?, pray tell? It's more fun to be irrational!

As for the above new rule, I will be confined to my cabin on my next cruise. Will some of you come see me? That is, if they don't find out I have violated the rule of always having my cabin neat as a pin and picked up. I can clean it spic and span, and in five minutes, it appears that a tornado whirled through! <LOL>

If I should, in a drunken stupor, or merely wandering forth to see what day it is, accidentally meander out of my room, eyes blinking in the daylight, please push me back through the door, or peel me off the deck where I have been trod upon by the more physically (or fiscally!) fit!

If I am wearing jeans, well then Heavens! Just heave me overboard!

Karie,

who needs to laugh more lately

P.S. Don't forget the argument about us fatties sitting on the oh, so delicate chairs a few years back! We should probably not be allowed out of our cabins in ANY clothing whatsoever! Much too damaging to refined eyesight, will prpbably ruin others' times, and, why can't I simply pick a cruise line that caters to slovenly beasts like myself! (she said, facetiously!)

Penny, You? Rational? My, my! Why?, pray tell? It's more fun to be irrational!

Ok, I'm rational...it's my evil twin who's been hanging around lately.

By the by...for those who might...i could use some very good thoughts tonight sent to my beloved Golden Retriever who was bitten by a poisonous snake late this afternoon and is in the all night emergency right now while they do what they can do for him. Nothing we can do so they made us go home. I'm here needing distraction but I sure wouldn't mind some positive energy sent to him. thanks...Penny

By the by...for those who might...i could use some very good thoughts tonight sent to my beloved Golden Retriever who was bitten by a poisonous snake late this afternoon and is in the all night emergency right now while they do what they can do for him. Nothing we can do so they made us go home. I'm here needing distraction but I sure wouldn't mind some positive energy sent to him. thanks...Penny

Penny, You have mine. That is just awful. I have another friend whose golden is on cancer watch. Nothing they can do. It had already metastasized, and this is the third pet they've lost this year.

Your boy is in my thoughts. Veterinary medicine can work wonders these days.

Karie,

Who understands that many pets are like family

Karie...thank you so much. I am grateful. This will be a long night. My heart goes out to your friends... our other Golden dropped dead suddenly 3 1/2 yrs ago and it leaves a hole that can never be filled. Please tell them my thoughts are with them. Thanks, Penny

Dear Penny,

My thoughts and prayers are with you also. Thank heavens modern medicine can help our beloved pets as well as our human loved ones.

I know this thread is about the dreaded denim, so here is a little chuckle for you. I have been having a rough couple of days because of the side effects of my chemotherapy and decided to just flip through some catalogs to distract myself. Well what did I come upon but a denim halter dress that put me in mind of Karie and Landsonlady with their discussion of a similar dress with sequins and rhinestones etc. I laughed so hard I cried.

Thank you to everyone on this thread. It has cheered me out of my doldrums on many days.

And to Mr. Slow Fox Trot, I truly would love to meet you some day. My Dad taught me the Fox Trot when I was very young (now almost 60 and my Dad 89). Dancing the Fox Trot with Dad is one of my most favorite memories.

Maria

I know this thread is about the dreaded denim, so here is a little chuckle for you. I have been having a rough couple of days because of the side effects of my chemotherapy and decided to just flip through some catalogs to distract myself. Well what did I come upon but a denim halter dress that put me in mind of Karie and Landsonlady with their discussion of a similar dress with sequins and rhinestones etc. I laughed so hard I cried.

Maria,

Could I get the info on that catalog? I just ight want to get that dress for our labor day cruise formal night!

After all, laborers wear denim, no?

And I am in a union!

Karie,

Who wishes both Penny, with her golden, and Maria with her side affects from chemo, peace and wellness.

Maria...thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. It's good to have a place like this to turn to on a bad night like this.

I will send you all the healing energy I can. Chemo is so difficult but please, don't ever give up. My dear friend is still with us despite the Drs giving her less than a year...in 2001. She refuses to quit and makes us all laugh when we ask how she's doing and she tells us that she got up on the right side of the grass this morning so life is good. 6 different types of chemo and an attitude that could hang the sun...she is my hero! Cheers to you...Penny

PS...don't you dare tell Karie where to get that "D" thing...Lord only knows what a firestorm that might set off!!! (insert smiley face...one of these days I'll learn how to!!)

Penny,

Thank you most sincerely for your Healing Thoughts.

I am one of the lucky women who found the lump myself during self examination. :eek:

Within days I was to the first doctor who sent me for my tests. I had my first surgery (biopsy) and diagnosis within three weeks of my initial find, and then the lumpectomy and lymphectomy one week later. My cancer was less than 1 centemeter and my lymph nodes were clear.:D

The chemo and subsequent radiation are preventative.

Now, I appologize, but had already posted the web site to Karie as you were posting your reply. :o I will do everything in my power to try to discourage her purchase of the item in question.

It is easy to use the smilies. Just click on the one you want with your mouse. ;) Try it and see if it works. :)

:) Ok Maria...this one is for you!!! :) I'm smiling because your prognosis is so good and you caught it so early. Hang in there....here's another one for you:) (boy I hope this worked!!!..thanks for the tutorial..I'm a computer dufus) Cheers, Penny

Whoa....some of us fit this profile....and then some. I will endeavour to maintain a sprightly pace....at my age I don't have all day either!

Cheers, Penny

Penny - I suspect that a lot of us fit that profile - just think how quiet the ship would be if we were all confined to our cabins:D

Will some of you come see me?

Karie - we won't be able to, we'll be confined as well:(

My beloved Golden Retriever who was bitten by a poisonous snake late this afternoon and is in the all night emergency right now while they do what they can do for him

I'm not a pet person so I don't know what the feeling of not knowing about your pet is like; I can imagine though. I hope for the best outcome for you.

Bear is home!!! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers on his behalf last night. He's on antibiotics to fight tissue death at the site of the bite, but the swelling is down and he's acting like Bear again. The woman at the clinic said they were astounded at how well he responded to treatment. I'm not...I told her he had healing thoughts from around the globe from kind people like all of you. Sorry I took this OT but it was a tough night.

phnmrk...I know it's hard for non pet people to understand how these guys can hold your heart and I thank you also for your good wishes. And I refuse to be confined to my cabin...no matter what my age!! I have moonlit strolls to take on deck...great food to over indulge in...and snifters (of ginger ale) to consume in the Commodore Club. Arise those of us over 35...let's show them we do more than hold up traffic.

Here you go Maria:) ;) :) Cheers, Penny

My Dear Mr FoxTrot

Thanks awfully old boy! I wagered that anyone living as close to France as you do would have a well developed sense of humor. Cheers!

"Absolutely spot-on Blacksmith old boy, one needs a sense of humour with French neighbours, although some of the mam'selles are not to be sneezed at!

Getting back to the serious subject of jeans I regret that Cunard has rejected Jonquil Carruther's idea of bringing his hounds aboard to tear the backsides out of the wearers. Something to do with their 'human rights' - whatever that means nowadays. However, they have agreed that small groups of surly huntsmen, suitably dressed in their Pinks, be allowed to 'arrest' any Cunard passengers wearing jeans and toss them into the swimming pool. The vice-chairman of the Snifters' Club, Basil D'Arcy-Clarke, suggested that they be thrown overboard but Cunard vetoed this in case of negative publicity. So, all the strident feminists who demand to drink from the bottle and wear what they like would be well advised to brush-up on the breast-stroke and bring several changes of clothing. Let's face it, it's the only language some of these people understand"

Penny,

So happy to hear about Bear. ;) I knew our powers could be used for good.

Mr. Fox Trot,

I am so hurt you have rejected my heartfelt overture out of hand.( Let us not even discuss the breast stroke.) Now I shall have to talk to my Friends of Dorothy people and conficate all the snifters in the Commador club and hie off to the Golden Lion Pub and drown my sorrows in Trivia.

Maria - who must now consider dancing alone.:(

Yes Maria, we have strong powers indeed. Please feel free to call on mine anytime you need them. And NEVER dance alone...life is too special not to share. And don't you dare take those snifters out of the CC...Cheers, Penny:) (I LOVE these things!!...Maria, you created a monster!!;) )

Mr. Fox Trot,

I am so hurt you have rejected my heartfelt overture out of hand.( Let us not even discuss the breast stroke.) Now I shall have to talk to my Friends of Dorothy people ......

Maria - who must now consider dancing alone.:(

"Well, madam Maria, that would never do. But are you familiar with the REAL Ballroom Slow Foxtrot? - the fall-aways, the tumble turns, the reverse waves, the hover telemarks, etc. etc? Danced correctly, the Slow Foxtrot is a joy to behold - but the hardest to execute. The Queen's Ballroom on QM 2 is not quite large enough to dance it properly, but one can get by providing the floor is free of what we call 'plodders'. On any other ship you can forget it. Of course one can do the Social Foxtrot but this is kindergarten stuff and a different ball-game altogether. But should our paths cross on the dance-floor, rest assured I would be gentle with you. Incidentally, no-one in the civilised West has ever heard of 'Friends of Dorothy'. Is this some sort of Klu Klux Klan? We are thinking of starting a 'Friends of Jonquil' Society. Needless to say, they will meet each evening in the Commodore Club. My very best regards to you" S.F.

Incidentally, no-one in the civilised West has ever heard of 'Friends of Dorothy'.

No-one on the hetero-sexual side of the West!

Is this some sort of Klu Klux Klan?

Yes, but with pink sheets rather than white:) We take our revenge on all those breeders that you get everywhere:eek:

Mr pnhmrk (you have us puzzled here)!

"Ho, Ho, Ho, God Bless You sir, the penny's dropped (will they understand this in America)? I like a man with a sense of humour. You must join us for a snifter in the Commodore Club - during the 'men only' hours of course"

"Getting back to the serious subject of jeans I regret that Cunard has rejected Jonquil Carruther's idea of bringing his hounds aboard to tear the backsides out of the wearers. Something to do with their 'human rights' - ...... So, all the strident feminists who demand to drink from the bottle and wear what they like would be well advised to brush-up on the breast-stroke and bring several changes of clothing. Let's face it, it's the only language some of these people understand"

Dang, and I was so looking forward to a barbequed hound dinner. Sheesh, I rather imagine that's not on the regular menu either. Next I suppose you are going to tell me you frown on people that pee in the pool.

Mr pnhmrk (you have us puzzled here)!

the penny's dropped (will they understand this in America)?

Who dropped me???Maybe that explains everything!! And not speaking for my fellow Americans or anything, but no, some of us don't understand...probably a good thing. Cheers, Penny

Archived