When to book for cheapest pricing? Best sales, etc.?

critic2023

Hi everyone! I have my eye on a couple itineraries from the newly released 2025-26 deployment schedule. Since they are a ways off, I'm trying to figure out when the best sales are and it would be cheapest to book. I am a solo cruiser and these ships do not offer solo cabins. I'm not opposed to booking a normal cabin on my own, but I've noticed that most of Celebrity's sales offer a certain discount for the second cruiser in your cabin, which obviously does not apply to me. Are there certain sales or promos I should wait for in general, or as a solo cruiser specifically?

Thank you in advance!

25 minutes ago, critic2023 said:

Hi everyone! I have my eye on a couple itineraries from the newly released 2025-26 deployment schedule. Since they are a ways off, I'm trying to figure out when the best sales are and it would be cheapest to book. I am a solo cruiser and these ships do not offer solo cabins. I'm not opposed to booking a normal cabin on my own, but I've noticed that most of Celebrity's sales offer a certain discount for the second cruiser in your cabin, which obviously does not apply to me. Are there certain sales or promos I should wait for in general, or as a solo cruiser specifically?

Thank you in advance!

It does actually still apply to you, since there typically isn't much (if any) discount for single passengers in a cabin which was designed for double occupancy.

The way they price these sorts of things is (imho) a bit deceptive, but the reality is that it is better to look at a "75% off second passenger" as 37.5% off the price of the cabin...

BUT ... they also have some sort of a sale every single day of the year. If you watch it, they will often have a sale which "expires tonight at midnight! make sure to book it now", counting down the hours and minutes ... and then after midnight, it's a new sale which expires a few days in the future with almost the exact same pricing.

Prices do fluctuate, though ... and can go both up and down ...I've heard that prices do tend to be lower for reservations booked in Q1 since there are fewer people booking at that point, but I've never really looked into if that's true or not.

• Like 1

I book as soon as I can (usually shortly after itineraries are released) and track prices. Most (but not all) of the time I never see a lower price. If the price for your cabin category does go down later, you usually (with some exceptions) can call to get your price adjusted.

• Like 2