Re Oceania Excursions

lilacsam

We have just booked a cruise with Oceania for 2024 which is our first with this company and awaiting all the necessary  paperwork.

We were wondering what the different prices for each excursion meant. Tour price. Simply more excursion price. Unlimited price. 
Also Oceania Select Excursion. Also, we have £1,000 onboard excursion credit in total. When we chose to book any of the excursions, possibly before we travel,  will payment be taken from the cruise credit we have been given? Thank you in advance for any replies.

If a pdf of shore excursions is not included with your cruise documents, please ask for it. On the first page it will explain these price categories and the last has important info like cancellation info; I'm not sure Unlimited is still available under SM (may be a holdover for people still with O-Life). The tour price is the full price until you book a minimum number of tours (this miinimum number will be in the shorex pdf since it varies) which will give you the SM ~25% discount (middle column prices). The Unlimited price is for people who pay a flat fee up front (used to be ~$110 per port day)...the dollar amount is the additional amount due for each tour (N/A = $0).

Yes, when you book a tour, the amount will be taken out of your SM credits which are split evenly between the two people. If booking enough tours to get the SM 25% discount, be sure to check that the discount was given; there have been mistakes (bad programming) with this. Booking online is problematic, so calling when booking tours is the safest way; I do not do well on phones, so I put everything I want in my cart, then call to finish the purchase. If you go over your SM credits you'll need to pay for the balance when booking.

Oh, and definitely book as soon as you know what you want to do as the popular tours can fill up. You can always call and change tours later until the deadline for shorex cancellation (in the shorex pdf).

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by AMHuntFerry

47 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

If you go over your SM credits you'll need to pay for the balance when booking.

We'd decided on three SM excursions. No problem in booking the first two online, with deductions made to the SM credit, just as we expected. The cost of the third took us over the SM credit and I assumed the system would then default to requiring a credit card payment for the balance. It didn't and, In the event, it simply wouldnt let us book the excursion  and we had to phone O  to book. Never found out if this is how the system was supposed to work or if we'd hit a temporary techie glitch