Just Booked World Europa…a few questions

laudergayle

We just booked an ocean facing balcony Aurea experience for November 1-8, 2024, round trip Barcelona.  Here are a couple questions I have.

1.  With Aurea experience (not an Aurea suite) do we have complimentary access to thermal area?

2.  Is the Les Dune MDR separate from other MDR or is it just a separate area of one of the other MDRs (I’ve read conflicting info)?

3.  Once on board can the Butchers Cut Dining Experience be purchased alone for the price shown on the menu, or do you have to buy the package of 2 or more?
4.  Since temperatures will be in the high 50s-60s, will the Top 20 Solarium be warm enough to enjoy?

5.  On other MSC ships you could get lattes and other specialty coffees at many bars as part of the Easy Plus package…is this also true onthe World Europa (except the Starbucks like coffee shop)?

6. Here’s a very American question for my husband:  Do they have Coors Light beer?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

We just booked an ocean facing balcony Aurea experience for November 1-8, 2024, round trip Barcelona.  Here are a couple questions I have.

1.  With Aurea experience (not an Aurea suite) do we have complimentary access to thermal area? - It depends on when you booked the cruise and the market from where you purchased it. Currently from where I live: No it doesn't.

2.  Is the Les Dune MDR separate from other MDR or is it just a separate area of one of the other MDRs (I’ve read conflicting info)? - Never gone on World class, but as far as I know, Aurea non suite guests dine on a roped off area of one of the dining rooms, only the suites do have their dedicated dining room.

3.  Once on board can the Butchers Cut Dining Experience be purchased alone for the price shown on the menu, or do you have to buy the package of 2 or more? - You can purchase a meal experience at their set price or packages of 2 or more. Note that packages of 2 or more are to be had on different restaurants, not 2 on the same one.
4.  Since temperatures will be in the high 50s-60s, will the Top 20 Solarium be warm enough to enjoy? - In November it is highly difficult to predict what weather will look like. Sometimes nice enough to go outside, sometimes rainy.

5.  On other MSC ships you could get lattes and other specialty coffees at many bars as part of the Easy Plus package…is this also true onthe World Europa (except the Starbucks like coffee shop)? - Yes, other than for the 2 "Starbucks like" shops onboard.

6. Here’s a very American question for my husband:  Do they have Coors Light beer? - Don't know.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can share.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Is the Les Dune MDR separate from other MDR or is it just a separate area of one of the other MDRs (I’ve read conflicting info)?

Les Dunes is on a separate deck (8) and is just for Aurea guests. I don't know if the menu is identical to the MDRs. 

• Thanks 1

1.  With Aurea experience (not an Aurea suite) do we have complimentary access to thermal area?

Yes all Aurea guests can access the thermal spa area, it does get busy so book your time in advance.

2.  Is the Les Dune MDR separate from other MDR or is it just a separate area of one of the other MDRs (I’ve read conflicting info)? Not sure as we have a Suite booked and it is Les Dunes as our dining Area. When we were on the boat last month we were actually upgraded to Yacht Club. All the restaurants have the same menu as the MDR's even yacht club was similar to the MDR's but fancier

3.  Once on board can the Butchers Cut Dining Experience be purchased alone for the price shown on the menu, or do you have to buy the package of 2 or more? Book the restaurant experience before you go as the price is expensive on the Boat. You can just book the Butchers cut when you get there but you have to order from the main menu I believe. Prices are not the cheapest and we felt the Trio package was good value and even if you didn't eat at the Sushi restaurant it would cover the price of the other 2 restaurants. The Garden Kitchen experience was excellent.
4.  Since temperatures will be in the high 50s-60s, will the Top 20 Solarium be warm enough to enjoy? Yes Temperatures will be ok to use the top 20 sun lounge. It is warmer in Malta and southern Italy. We had 19 to 22 degrees Celsius in Palermo and Valetta. The sun lounge is sheltered slightly if there is wind.

5.  On other MSC ships you could get lattes and other specialty coffees at many bars as part of the Easy Plus package…is this also true onthe World Europa (except the Starbucks like coffee shop)? We had the premium drinks package and we were told that the coffees in the fancy coffee shop were excluded but they were actually included in the drinks package.

6. Here’s a very American question for my husband:  Do they have Coors Light beer? I didn't see it onboard but I just drink whisky so may be the wrong person to ask. I have included a link to the bar menu. You just pay the difference on drinks if they are more than your drinks package limit.  https://static1.squarespace.com/static/617ac6f28abd337ac8fc5f75/t/6490976d0178bf586a077b26/1687197555058/MSC+Europa+Drinks+Menu+with+Prices.pdf

25 minutes ago, Huntly Cruise Captain said:

Yes all Aurea guests can access the thermal spa area, it does get busy so book your time in advance.

2.  Is the Les Dune MDR separate from other MDR or is it just a separate area of one of the other MDRs (I’ve read conflicting info)? Not sure as we have a Suite booked and it is Les Dunes as our dining Area. When we were on the boat last month we were actually upgraded to Yacht Club. All the restaurants have the same menu as the MDR's even yacht club was similar to the MDR's but fancier

3.  Once on board can the Butchers Cut Dining Experience be purchased alone for the price shown on the menu, or do you have to buy the package of 2 or more? Book the restaurant experience before you go as the price is expensive on the Boat. You can just book the Butchers cut when you get there but you have to order from the main menu I believe. Prices are not the cheapest and we felt the Trio package was good value and even if you didn't eat at the Sushi restaurant it would cover the price of the other 2 restaurants. The Garden Kitchen experience was excellent.
4.  Since temperatures will be in the high 50s-60s, will the Top 20 Solarium be warm enough to enjoy? Yes Temperatures will be ok to use the top 20 sun lounge. It is warmer in Malta and southern Italy. We had 19 to 22 degrees Celsius in Palermo and Valetta. The sun lounge is sheltered slightly if there is wind.

5.  On other MSC ships you could get lattes and other specialty coffees at many bars as part of the Easy Plus package…is this also true onthe World Europa (except the Starbucks like coffee shop)? We had the premium drinks package and we were told that the coffees in the fancy coffee shop were excluded but they were actually included in the drinks package.

6. Here’s a very American question for my husband:  Do they have Coors Light beer? I didn't see it onboard but I just drink whisky so may be the wrong person to ask. I have included a link to the bar menu. You just pay the difference on drinks if they are more than your drinks package limit.  https://static1.squarespace.com/static/617ac6f28abd337ac8fc5f75/t/6490976d0178bf586a077b26/1687197555058/MSC+Europa+Drinks+Menu+with+Prices.pdf

Thank you…your first-hand knowledge is much appreciated.  Out of curiosity, when you sailed last month, did your YC upgrade come as a bid?  

No we didn't bid for an upgrade however we were offered that option before sailing. We were then offer YC at a fixed price per person and then 5 days before departure we were given a full YC upgrade for free. The World Europa is an amazing boat with plenty to do onboard. Make sure you book the shows in advance as they do fill up quickly and the MSC for me app is a must onboard. Some reviews are very harsh on the Italians and Spanish guests but we had no issues at all when onboard.

• Thanks 1