Paying for water?

phatkittykat

On my last cruise I had a huge problem with swollen feet and ankles . . . it had never happened before on any of my cruises and I couldn't understand what the problem was. I went to the ship's doctor (actually, the nurse) who asked if I was drinking bottled water or the ship's water. I told her I was only drinking the ship's water (it really is good . . . ice cold and crisp). She said the swelling may have been caused by water retention and it might be due to drinking the ship's water. She said though one couldn't taste it . . . there was still a lot of sulfur, salt or whatever in the water.

Then it dawned on me . . . this was the first cruise that I didn't drink my usual ton of bottled coke and bottled water. I opted instead to drink nothing but water out of the ship's cold water tap, iced tea and lemonade (all made from the ship's water).

Don't know if that is what caused the swollen feet and ankles but I will only drink bottled water and sodas on my next cruise. I will never forget how uncomfortable it was . . . my feet looked like two sausages stuffed into my sexy little strappy sandals . . . :(

Archived