Playa Palancar..INFO HELP PLEASE :)

bellazoemom

I am trying to get more info on playa palancar..but there isn't much available. :confused:

Have you been here?

Are there hammocks?

Is the beach and water pretty?

How does it compare to Paradise beach and Mr Sanchos?

What are prices like for drinks and food?

What food options are there?

Was the food/ drinks good?

Can you rent kayaks or anything?

Are there beach chairs?

Overall, would you go back to this beach..do you like it?

Have you seen it post wilma?

Thank you SO much for any help!

Howdy!

Was there 2/1. The beach club is nice, quiet, layed back. Haven't been to the other clubs you mention, so can't compare, but I would imagine since they are all on the same stretch of beach that they are very similiar in appearance. The beach is pretty, but a more rustic club. The service was excellant, very hospitable! The food and drinks were good and very reasonably priced. No hammocks, but they do have some wood loungers and plenty of umbrellas and chairs. You can rent snorkel equipment and snorkel from the beach, or go on a boat snorkel trip that anchors at their beach (30.00 for 1 1/2 hour or so). This club is probably the least crowded since it is furthest from the cruise ships. Volleyball net was the only activity I saw besides snorkeling. 20.00 cab ride one way. Easy to catch a cab, they are everywhere. They open at 9, and we got there at 9 and had the entire club to ourselves literally until 1030 or so! Be sure to take water shoes if going into the water! There is an area of broken coral/shells that is very sharp until you get past it!

I am trying to get more info on playa palancar..but there isn't much available. :confused:

Have you been here? Yes, several times.

Are there hammocks? I don't recall. It is possible, but I'm not promising.

Is the beach and water pretty? As long as the wind isn't strong, the water is beautiful.

How does it compare to Paradise beach and Mr Sanchos? Much, much more layed back. No big water toys, way fewer people (at least the times I've been there).

What are prices like for drinks and food? On par with most of the other beach clubs. I don't recall any specific prices.

What food options are there? Typical of the local lunch places. Chips & salsa, fish tacos, nachos, breakfast stuff with eggs and such.

Was the food/ drinks good? The fish tacos were pretty good. One of the dive operators I've gone out with goes there almost exclusively for their between dive breaks. I don't think they would go there if the food was of poor quality.

Can you rent kayaks or anything? Not sure.

Are there beach chairs? Both chair and loungers.

Overall, would you go back to this beach..do you like it? Yes, definitely.

Have you seen it post wilma? Yes several times between December 18-24.

I took some photos, too. Playa Palancar photos

Hope this helps,

Bruce

Archived