Wonder formal nights question

Posted (edited)

If you dress smart casual to the MDR or anywhere else on “dress your best night” or  “formal night”, nobody will bat an eye.  Plenty if people dress up; others don’t.  

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Formal dress is not required anywhere on any RCI ship. Specialty restaurants may require something above shorts and a T-shirt.

This.

Hi,

There are supposed to be rules, but these seem to be no longer enforced, other than wearing swim ware at certain venues.

My wife and I do not go overboard (pardon the pun) when it comes to dressing up (as we are not on holiday to get approval from others about what we ware). However, we do make an effort to look fairly good and to comply as much as possible with what is asked.

I no longer wear a tie as I have a large neck and get very uncomfortable when trying to eat in formal attire and so I am not prepared to do it to please others, but I will wear a shirt and trousers and a jacket.

At the end of the day, it's your cruise holiday and you are free to do as you please. However, some may dress in a way that draws the wrong kind of attention to them too.

I like wearing very colourful loud shirts when on the Caribbean cruises around the deck, but would not wear one to dinner in the MDR. I may turn up with one to breakfast though!

Mick