Am I wrong

6 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

This is an unpopular opinion but this is why I always book myself. I had an issue where a PVP messed up a simple thing and wouldn’t correct it. 

There is nothing a PvP can do that I can’t. But they can mess things up for sure. 

So true, I'm going backing to booking myself. 

5 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Here's the part of the policy that applies in the OP's case.

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older) traveling in the balcony stateroom with them. 
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

It seems that the infant should not have been booked in the room with the 20 year old since they were not across the hall or next door. But the OP should have known from the beginning what their room numbers were unless they booked a category guarantee. Doesn't seem like that's what happened though.

No we got our rooms numbers.  I didn't ask them to send me a copy of their emails. I just went by what she said on the phone.  We did it as a group call. 

5 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Years ago I used a TA then booked our Carnival cruises myself after the restart. I then found an amazing PVP who has been invaluable to us. When the Freedom caught on fire a couple days before we were supposed to be on it, she quickly switched us to Mardi Gras, which was nearly sold out. If I had to wait on hold with Carnival to switch it myself, chances are it may have been to late to grab a room and we would have been out of luck. All PVPs are definitely not the same though, so happy I found a great one.

That's good that there were able to get you switched.  I remember when that happened.  It was all over the Facebook groups. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

Either way, the 20 yr/infant needed to be linked to the parents' so the OP would have have access to both of them.  

I could see the names of everyone in our party. I couldn't see the room numbers from my manager and then emails went to the other people. We did a group call. I booked my room told her we needed 3 rooms right next to each other, then had my talk and give his bank info then had my niece talk and give the card info for her room. Each time we all gave the emails linked to our online accounts. 

15 minutes ago, kayshalea said:

No we got our rooms numbers.  I didn't ask them to send me a copy of their emails. I just went by what she said on the phone.  We did it as a group call. 

But did she give you the wrong room numbers at the time of booking? If so, it seems like she made a big mistake. But otherwise, it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't know how far away the rooms were. What a mess!

22 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

So did you find this out before or after you got on the ship?

Before, I guess because it was the Celebration it filled up super fast. I tried to solve it then but they said they had no rooms closer to us. I put it in the survey . I got an email days saying sorry that happened to you but you all got emails with your room numbers.  I said yes but I never asked for my son or niece to send me their emails. I trusted the PVP.

38 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

That's too bad but there's quite a bit of difference between 5380 and 5480

Yeah someone in our Facebook group mentioned a site to see where our rooms were. When I looked I was like 😬 they wasn't put in the room with the connecting door. 

5 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

But did she give you the wrong room numbers at the time of booking? If so, it seems like she made a big mistake. But otherwise, it doesn't make sense that you wouldn't know how far away the rooms were. What a mess!

She said we had the rooms with the door that opens in the middle. Then said we were all next to each other. After checking in and someone mentioned the site to see the room locations is when I had my son send me his information.  Something I should have done right after booking. Lol my husband was a little scared when he found out the door would go to strangers room. He thought for some reason the workers would unlock the door. It was his second cruise but he should still know that wouldn't happen. 

Thank you all for answering.  I think I just needed to talk about it since carnival didn't care.  In the past I always booked myself. After covid I had a really good PVP that helped with that mess. She got a promotion and I was assigned someone new. I'm not new to cruising but I don't go often. 

• Like 1