Disembark from British Isles cruise in Edinburgh.

Hello.

We are planning to take a round trip cruise from Southampton UK.  Part of my family would like end their cruise in Edinburgh.  I called Princess support and got some confusing information.  The person told me that I had to submit a form 45 days prior to cruising but she said she could not mail it to me nor I can access it online.  The only way to get to it was to tell her all information.  The quality of the call was really bad, it sounded that this person was working out of overcrowded call center and I am not sure if this approach would work. 

Also, what could be the factor, we are US citizens thus not sure if there are additional requirements in UK for such case. 

Please share the info. 

Thank you.

P.S.  If someone from Princess is reading it, I would wish you improve your chat support and quality of you phone support.  

Edited by traveller_mike

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

It sounds very much like you got some bad information from the person you spoke with.  (Princess changed to an off-shore call center a while back...lots of poor reports!)

Anyway...my suggestion:  Call again.  You'll almost certainly get a different person.  What you want is called a "route deviation".  Perhaps this person will have a clue or will know how to escalate the request.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, traveller_mike said:

We are planning to take a round trip cruise from Southampton UK.  Part of my family would like end their cruise in Edinburgh.  I called Princess support and got some confusing information.  The person told me that I had to submit a form 45 days prior to cruising but she said she could not mail it to me nor I can access it online.  The only way to get to it was to tell her all information.  The quality of the call was really bad, it sounded that this person was working out of overcrowded call center and I am not sure if this approach would work. 

FYI - I have started a new topic as to how you get a route deviation...you might want to "follow" that one or at least keep an eye on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redrobo said:

I believe that Edinburg is a tender from Ship to port. If you are intending to take a lot of luggage it maybe difficult.

This is a very good observation. Edinburgh is a tender port with a very long and sometimes choppy ride. The day that we were there the weather was so bad that they almost ended up canceling our port call. Although Princess does allow a deviation with prior approval, it may prove difficult at this port due to the tendering issue if people are getting off the ship with bags. Also, they would need to keep in mind that, although not common, there are times when they have to miss the port due to weather conditions that make tendering too difficult. Those are issues you would want to make sure to discuss with Princess in advance.

• Like 1