Brittania - Do you need to book for the Headline entertainment?

m011d402

Hi Everyone

Im a bit confused re Headliners Theatre on Brittania. Do I need to pre book to go to one of the evening shows? Not going until December but I had thought you just turn up? 

Our flight doesn’t arrive until the day after some people so I’m a bit worried people on the boat the day before us will book stuff up? Anyone know how they manage this?

Many thanks!

We pre booked before our Britannia cruise last summer, but it was a bit of a nonsense. Once onboard, some of the shows changed to different days to the days we’d booked, one show we’d pre booked was changed for a different show altogether, on some days they checked people in against the pre-bookings (which caused queues getting in) and other days they didn’t bother. All kidology IMHO as making a booking doesn’t actually guarantee you a seat anyway!

That being said, if they are still persevering with the pre booking then it’s probably best to pre-book (they usually open 14 days out and can be booked via your cruise personaliser).

• Like 1

My recent experience of being able to pre-book via the Cruise Planner is that it's usually only for shows for the first week in Headliners.  Glad Bailey's response would suggest that it may not even be possible to pre-book for Britannia at this time, for whatever reason.

Once onboard you can book for shows on the My Holiday app/non-app.  That said, if you forget to, or the show is showing as full, you may even be lucky with a walk-in; there will undoubtedly be a few folk who will book, decide not to attend, and not cancel.

• Like 1

Just back from Britannia's New Year cruise, and I can confirm there is no booking of entertainment, just turn up. The biggest problem we had was dinner overrunning and finishing too late for the show at 10:30pm, and that was with 8:30pm club dining. Dreadfully slow. On more than one occasion had to skip coffee, and even desert to make the show.

• Like 2

Just now, Advanced Diver said:

Just back from Britannia's New Year cruise, and I can confirm there is no booking of entertainment, just turn up.

I’m pleased to hear that they have dropped the need to pre book on Britannia. As mentioned above, it was a farce. It sounds as though it’s only on Arvia and Iona now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

Just back from Britannia's New Year cruise, and I can confirm there is no booking of entertainment, just turn up. The biggest problem we had was dinner overrunning and finishing too late for the show at 10:30pm, and that was with 8:30pm club dining. Dreadfully slow. On more than one occasion had to skip coffee, and even desert to make the show.

Perfect thanks for your help on this did you ever have trouble getting into shows? Seeing as you did the exact same cruise a couple of questions for you if possible?

1. Was NYE a party on the top deck?

2. We are in a cabin on deck 9 at the very front - seems like kids club etc is at the very back. How long do you reckon that would take to get to as I am wondering if I should swap to a mid cabin.

3. Was it fairly calm in terms of movement on the boat?

4. any trips you would particularly recommend?

Sorry for the questions but all new to me!