Carnival Freedom - I Think We Have Enough Interest For September 22, 2007 Too!!

LEtue

Lezlee, it all sounds good! Now I have to work on my friends. They are not Carnival fans so it is a little harder :rolleyes:

Wish I was cruising next week instead of working :D

I am definitely up to going in on some independent tours / transfers! I have had a lot of success with these on past cruises.

I'm not sure I want to turn the 12-night cruise into an 11-night one. I'd like to find out more about the night life in Civitaveccia. Also, that may be a good base to tour other Italian cities the last day of the cruise. What do they call it when you are in port two days? "Fun day in port?"

So, should I take it you guys are up for getting together to arrange independent tours and transfers?

Oh, definitely! We have enough to fill one van already and who knows how many people we will have join us in the next few months. It isn't too early to contact them either. They only take a name a CC and then they contact you after the new year to confirm that you are still interested. I'll start pulling together a list over on the roll call board so if you have any additional ones to add - just let me know.

salty, I really like the idea of spending the night in Rome myself. It would be wonderful to see all those wonderful places at night - like the Spanish Steps! I understand the night life there is wonderful and I don't remember seeing too much of anything around the port. Since we leave on a Saturday I may not be able to take too much time as a pre-cruise. We'll have to see what happens when we start shopping for airfare though.

Have a great day everyone!

Linda

That would be cool to stay in Rome proper overnight. I am open to anything; we'll have to see how the arrangements pan out.

I also will not be able to do any pre-cruise days. We'll likely need to leave on Friday the 21st and arrive (hopefully) the morning of the 22nd. DW is concerned about needing to get 3 Fridays in a row off work, but I told her she has 23 years on the job so she should be able to pull a few strings.

With the cruise ending on a Thursday, it would be possible to fly back and return home Thursday night, with the time change in our favor, but I doubt we'd be in any shape to work the next day. So, if Friday is a bust for work, may as well look at staying in Rome an extra day or two post-cruise. A lot depends on the air rates and schedules, and we probably won't know that for a while - they only book 330 days out.

salty,

I'm pretty sure we'll be leaving Thursday night to arrive on Friday. I can stay up all day and get to bed early and be as good as new. The is a packing itinerary and I don't want to be too tired for Naples the next day.

I have been doing some simulated airfare based on September 2006 and it doesn't seem to matter what day we fly..... We'll see though ;)

Yes, that jet lag can be tough. Would makes the first day on the ship an early night. We'll see if DW can get Thursday off too. That would be 12 business days in a row, but she has 5 weeks of vacation, so should be possible for her.

Yes, that jet lag can be tough. Would makes the first day on the ship an early night. We'll see if DW can get Thursday off too. That would be 12 business days in a row, but she has 5 weeks of vacation, so should be possible for her.

Wow, I wish I had 5 weeks vacation :) Maybe with enough notice she can pull it off!

I know that it hard enough to stay up all day when you arrive - I can't imagine going straight to the ship. Is that what you do? Stay up the first day and just retire at your normal bedtime? It worked well for us the last time and I hate to mess with success ;)

salty,

I'm pretty sure we'll be leaving Thursday night to arrive on Friday. I can stay up all day and get to bed early and be as good as new. The is a packing itinerary and I don't want to be too tired for Naples the next day.

I have been doing some simulated airfare based on September 2006 and it doesn't seem to matter what day we fly..... We'll see though ;)

I hear there are some good "hypnotic" drugs you can take during your flight to sleep. I don't usually need them .... I can usually get some sleep. We have always left the day before and we leave from the west coast ... arriving before 11 a.m. the day of cruise ... and by the time we get to the ship, we are so jazzed and adrenaline ridden that nothing's gonna stop us anyways!!!! The nice thing is the day at sea after Naples!!!! You can catch up then. I would only suggest that if you are going to arrive the day of, try to arrange to get to Rome by 11 a.m. .... just in the event there are any travel delays. You know ... the Carnival was pretty good about waiting for people ... I know some ships just stick to their schedule.

Somewhere I left a message ... don't know if it was this thread or another ... that we are booked for this cruise!!! I understand that Lezlee and the rest of the gang were booked before leaving for the Caribbean.

Archived