Princess Vacation Protection - BC Residents

I am an Elite member approaching final payment date on an April cruise. I have private cancel/interrupt/delay insurance, so the Princess plan is useful to me only for the cancel for any reason protection and we get upgraded free to the Platinum Plan as Elite. Sometimes we take the Princess insurance, sometimes not. Surprised to see on the Princess site recently the statement " effective October 16, 2023, this product is no longer available for purchase by British Columbia residents ". My Princess Vacation Planner confirmed by phone this week that this is in fact correct, but could not say why it has changed. Beware if you are a BC resident.   

13 minutes ago, Kelowna Cruiser said:

I am an Elite member approaching final payment date on an April cruise. I have private cancel/interrupt/delay insurance, so the Princess plan is useful to me only for the cancel for any reason protection and we get upgraded free to the Platinum Plan as Elite. Sometimes we take the Princess insurance, sometimes not. Surprised to see on the Princess site recently the statement " effective October 16, 2023, this product is no longer available for purchase by British Columbia residents ". My Princess Vacation Planner confirmed by phone this week that this is in fact correct, but could not say why it has changed. Beware if you are a BC resident.   

Yup, this was first noticed a few months ago. BC now joins Quebec and New York state as jurisdictions where the PVP is not available. The CFAR coverage was very nice....