parent letter question

kcmom

We are going on a cruise next week and taking a 17 year-old friend of my older son. We have his certified birth certificate and he will have his driver's license and his own health insurance card. I also had his parents give me a notarized letter stating that I had permission to have their child with me and act as his guardian during the dates of the cruise. My question: The letter is really just one simple statement that says that it is okay for their child to be with me during the dates of the cruise and that I can act as his guardian. It does not go into any detail about where we are going or the name of the ship of anything. It has been notarized and both his parents have signed. Do you think this is okay???

kcmom

We did specify that we had permission to make any medical decisions the might be necessary. Be sure you carry it to ports. Our 14 year old friend was pulled out because of having a different name and asked if she were being forced to travel with us in Cozumel.

Okay, it sounds like we are okay. I have still ANOTHER notarized letter stating that I can make medical decisions for him and it is also signed by both parents. He's a great kid, but I'm a nervous wreck about the documents.......

We all have passports, but obviously the friend does not. It was worth every penny for the passports.

kcmom

Our son is lucky enough to travel a bit with his Uncle and Aunt. This is a copy of the notarized letter I sent with him when he went deep sea fishing in Cabo with his Uncle last summer (Names have been changed to protect the innocent!;) ) I also sent along a copy of his insurance card (I have this letter saved on my computer and everytime he goes on a trip I just open it and change it to the current situation.)

Jack and Mary Smith

12345 Anystreet

Anytown, Anystate 12345

(123) 456-7890

Cell Phone (951) 205-9986

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: John Smith Passport # 123456789

This is authorization for our son, John Smith, to travel to Mexico with his uncle (my brother) Joe Blow. They will be leaving Friday, Oct. 14th and returning Monday, Oct. 17th (see flight information below). They will be staying at the Buena Vista Hotel in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Joe Blow is authorized to make any decisions (medical included)deemed necessary on John's behalf.

Flight numbers, times etc... (I had to delete because it displayed funky in the message!)

MEDICAL INFORMATION:

Name: John Smith

D.O.B: 1/23/92

Height: 5’ 6’’

Weight: 140 lbs.

Allergies: Mild hayfever, Mild bee sting allergy (no known allergies to medication)

Primary Care Physician: Dr. Jones (123) 987-6543

Mary Smith , Mother

Jack Smith, Father

Date

Carnival does have an official parental consent form that they can email you to have notarized. Not saying that what you have isnt good enough. I have a minor traveling in our group and they emailed me the letter to have the girls parents fill it out and have it notarized. So if your concerned about it give Carnival a call and they can email you their own version.

:confused: We are also taking a 17 year old friend of my daughters and my TA just gave me a form from Carnival to have signed by the parent of the minor, it doesn't even have a spot to be notorized. Do you suggest I type up one of these letters to take with us? His parents are also divorced which I am sure adds into the mix!

We just got back on March 12, off of the Conquest. I am divorced and therefore my oldest daughter has a different last name. I didn't ask Carnival, but saw on their website that I would need a notarized letter from the non-custodial parent stating that I had permission to take her out of the country. I handed it to the guy when we checked in, but I couldn't say if he really looked at it or not........

All it said was.....

I, parent, give permission for traveling parent to take our daughter, _______________ on a cruise leaving out of Galveston, Texas on March 5, 2006, which will be going to the following ports ______________, ______________ and _____________. She has my permission to take daughter to any port that Carnival Conquest will be visiting including, but not limited to the above listed ports.

I had him sign it in front of a notary.......... We do not have passports either, but she did have bc and dl.

Good Luck and have fun! Wish I was going again already!

Found this at cruisediva dot com. GOOD SITE! :cool:

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date:_____________________

I (we):______________________________________________________________

authorize my/our minor child(ren):___________________________________________

to travel to:_________________________________ on:_________________________

aboard Airline/Flight Number:________________________________________

and/or Cruise Ship:_____________________________________________ with:

____________________________________________________________. Their expected

date of return is _______________________.

In addition, I (we) authorize:______________________________________ to consent

to any necessary routine or emergency medical treatment during the aforementioned trip.

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Address:________________________________________

Telephone:______________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _______ day of _______________, 20____

Notary Public Signature and Seal

Found this at cruisediva dot com. GOOD SITE! :cool:

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date:_____________________

I (we):______________________________________________________________

authorize my/our minor child(ren):___________________________________________

to travel to:_________________________________ on:_________________________

aboard Airline/Flight Number:________________________________________

and/or Cruise Ship:_____________________________________________ with:

____________________________________________________________. Their expected

date of return is _______________________.

In addition, I (we) authorize:______________________________________ to consent

to any necessary routine or emergency medical treatment during the aforementioned trip.

Address:________________________________________

Telephone:______________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _______ day of _______________, 20____

Notary Public Signature and Seal

This is exactly what we had and did not have any problems.

I Am Also Divorced, And Cruised With Me Children Last June, Who Have A Different Last Name.

I Worried Myself Sick Over Travel Documents, And All For Nothing.

I Had All Permission Slips Signed And Notorized, And I Was Never Once Ask For Anything Other Than Their Birth Cer. And Of Course Drivers Licenses For The 2 Over Age 16. Because, As I Was Told, My Name Is Listed On Their B/c. As Their Mother.

Archived