Dress Code

auntsally

15 minutes ago, auntsally said:

Sailing from Barbados on March 1st, does anyone have any advise regarding evening dress code, for both males and females?

When we were on in November, it was all "elegantly casual".

Men in chinos and polo shirts in the evening, many with button downs and some blazers - very few ties. Definitely no shorts. No formal wear as such.

Afternoons were very casual - t-shirts and shorts in the Emporium, Sakura and Med Yacht Club for lunch.  But again, all "neat" and definitely not slovenly!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 1:48 AM, Whipsnade said:

Very informal as Cocktail says. I didn’t see any shorts in the evening but there were a few jeans. Mostly no jackets at all for men. Leave your tux at home. 

On the ship now and seeing a number of men going into the different restaurants in shorts - only seen 1 turn away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelhouse said:

I saw one man seated with shorts and a tee in Marble & Co only 1/2h ago.  This week the dress is much more relaxed and the passengers are considerably younger compared to the previous group.  

Well just out of the med restaurant and was sat next to a man in shorts, a hoodie and flip flops - a relaxed dress code is one word for it lol.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, commodoredave said:

I agree. I like a country club casual dress code for the Caribbean. But I’m not into the gangsta dress code. Guess this will be our first and last cruise on Explora.

Now, now - don’t be like everyone else reviewing before you sailed!

TBD in person!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Now at 40% discount guess they won’t be selling any more $60K watches. Better with the tattoo parlor in that space. 

Whip, I really enjoy your humor, but the 40% discounts are over (at least presently).  Most now are 10-30% with very few as high as 30%.

Virgin Voyages might have tattoo parlors, but I doubt they have fruit knives that you would find satisfactory. 

• Haha 2