tipping

suexxx

hi all, can those who have done a 10 day cruise on Pacific Sun tell me how much they spent on tipping. Lets say you left what they suggest on your card(2 adults) plus you got good service from the crew(which ones do you give extra to) and how much. I know you would have given different amounts but a guide would help me with our budget. thanks again sue

hi all, can those who have done a 10 day cruise on Pacific Sun tell me how much they spent on tipping. Lets say you left what they suggest on your card(2 adults) plus you got good service from the crew(which ones do you give extra to) and how much. I know you would have given different amounts but a guide would help me with our budget. thanks again sue

On our cruise on Pacific Sun we spent the $4.50 a day each that was automatically charged to our cruise account, and in addition we tipped our cabin stewards seperately - but I don't recall now how much we gave them.

I trust P&O when they say the $4.50 a day goes to the crew. I think it's a good way of dealing with something that the average Australian is unaccustomed to doing, ie tipping.

we also left automatic tipping on as it saves wondering about whether to tip or not all through the cruise. We did leave extra for waiter and steward as we were well looked after. worth it for the towel animals.Does evrryone get them these days or do only some stewards do them. we had about 5 during a 10 day cruise plus the one my kids did for him.they couldnt wait to get back to the cabin to see what the animals were up to!!!

we also left automatic tipping on as it saves wondering about whether to tip or not all through the cruise. We did leave extra for waiter and steward as we were well looked after. worth it for the towel animals.Does evrryone get them these days or do only some stewards do them. we had about 5 during a 10 day cruise plus the one my kids did for him.they couldnt wait to get back to the cabin to see what the animals were up to!!!

When I went on my first cruise with my family, our Steward, every day of the cruise would fold my Mums nighty all special, similar to the towl animals. It really makes you feel that the stewards are going that extra mile for you! So It is great to tip them extra, when they make your cruise fantastic!

Leave the automatic tipping in place. On P&O its very cheap. Princess charges $10US a day per person. On our last cruise on the Pacific Princess sailing under P&O with the $4.50 we also gave our cabin steward $50, our head waiter $50 and the second waiter $20. Mummsie

When I went on my first cruise with my family, our Steward, every day of the cruise would fold my Mums nighty all special, similar to the towl animals. It really makes you feel that the stewards are going that extra mile for you! So It is great to tip them extra, when they make your cruise fantastic!

There's something kind of weird when someone folds your nightie. I don't know....or is it just me?

I can cope with towels, they are cute, but nighties????

There's something kind of weird when someone folds your nightie. I don't know....or is it just me?

I can cope with towels, they are cute, but nighties????

Not that i wear nighties... but its a little weird.

On our cruise our cabin steward would clean up our room and fold our clothes. Even if they were sort of in piles he would fold them up again in a neat pile and put them in the draws and stuff... I didnt like the idea of someone folding up my boxer shorts... weird huh.. yet i sent them off to be washed... its weird what goes through your head sometimes... or is it just me....:o

Dan

Archived